What Beer are you enjoying?

Be sure and have a McCall Mackinaw Red while you are in Boise!

1 Like

I’m on business travel to CA, somewhat near @WindWarrior, so felt compelled to get a “local” drink.

3 Likes

Forgive me… I don’t have a proper lager glass.

Regardless, first day of my Advent Calendar:

4 Likes

I’m sorry sir….you seem to have the wrong thread. You are looking for the “What Cider are you enjoying?” thread. This one is for beers.

:crazy_face::crazy_face:

3 Likes

I was notified that I was delinquent in updating my Boise beverage adventures……

We went to a great farm-to-table restaurant for dinner….the waiter wasn’t great and kept blowing through the names of the beers (local beers were all rotating and not on a list). I think I have them correct though….

First up was a Silver City Winter Ale….nice malty flavor with just the right amount of spice. Great color.

After that I had a Lost Grove IPA….

Back home in Chicago now and another fantastic IPA from Hop Butcher….such a great local brewery doing great things. Love their stuff.

6 Likes

Booth at Fork?! Nice looking winter ale.

Good pick-up…it was indeed at Fork!!

I had the Chicken & Waffles special…glad we were there on a Tuesday ‘cuz I love me some C&W!!!

4 Likes

Day two:

4 Likes

I enjoyed another couple of these earlier.

3 Likes

On a whim, I decided to make a run to Old Irving Brewing last night to grab dinner and some beers they had just released (but I could not find locally).

End results:

Poblano Mac & Cheese

OIB Pitmaster Pale Ale (which was superb)

And other beers to add to my stock.

6 Likes

Anchor Holiday Beer in the house. Almost grabbed the entire case, but decided to be a nice guy, take a six and leave some for the next person. They were out of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale but more is coming.

6 Likes

Had that last week! Good stuff.

Last night:

A little thicker and more coffee/chocolate/toffee vs the Anchor Steam.

I gotta make a trip to Total Wine & More, my local grocery store is mostly filled with IPAs

6 Likes

Both of those are in the above-referenced Winter beers mixer I made….haven’t had them yet, but soon.

2 Likes

They didn’t have the Deschutes Julbelale yet but we picked up a 12 of the regular offering. Still a favorite brewery. I wish they would bring back the Bachelor Bitter.

2 Likes

I’m a big Deschutes fan in general, but prefer the Anchor Steam Merry Christmas Hoppy New Year over the Jubelale.

2 Likes

A bunch of the more local holiday offerings this year seemed to be spiced and/or flavored. I’m not a huge fan of that aspect of small brewery creativity.

Fun time of year to cruise the various beer stores to see what is on offer though.

1 Like

I’ve not added much recently because the local bar (500m from the house) keeps Achouffe Cherry Chouffe on draft and I keep drinking it there and bringing a 4 pack home. Some good additions recently to the thread

3 Likes

Day 3

6 Likes

4th day.

6 Likes

Abita Christmas Ale. Not bad, but feels a bit “formulaic” for a winter beer. Malty, nicely flavored / spiced but not terribly unique.

6 Likes