What are people making in their Instant Pot (Crock Pot)?

Rice. Lots and lots of rice…

I’ve been using this method to peel hard boiled eggs. I still loathe peeling those suckers, but I do think it is easier. I bring water to a boil, then put the eggs in, cover and keep at a decent boil. I boil for 9 minutes, but i like a soft yellow yolk. When the time is up, I dump in an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Crack the shell and peel. I’ve found this process to work on farm fresh eggs, too. I don’t think any of the “tricks or gadgets” actually work, at least according to America’s Test Kitchen.

1 Like

Rice, eggs, black beans, beets, sweet potatoes, chicken… for the time being

I’m probably not the only one on here that struggles with eating healthy as much as humanly possible to try to fuel this passion we all have.

Around November I bought an instant pot pressure cooker to help make healthier dinners and meal prep lunches.

Anyone else use one of these, or use a crockpot often? Let’s share some recipes as sometimes finding something that sounds good to make can be the hardest part.

1 Like

There is a bunch in this thread as a starting point Meal Prepping - How To and Tips

2 Likes

I just got an instant pot a week ago!

This was my first meal in there, and it was so delicious and simple to make! Good mix of quality food: chicken, rice, beans, veggies (I add avocado).

2 Likes

I love my slow cooker (what I thought was a “crockpot” in the US. It’s in need of replacing at this stage and these instant pots look a great option.

2 Likes

Macy that is a great idea, I used to have a microwave but now I am thinking about getting instant pot or pressure cooker. I also found a great blog post about instant pots and pressure cookers and how to buy a long lasting one here you go: https://kitchely.com/instant-pot-vs-pressure-cooker/

2 Likes
2 Likes

For me I do breakfast in it twice a week.

Diced steak (defrosted)
Frozen vegetables, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, mushrooms, onions and sweet peppers.

With some spices, salt & pepper. Popped on for slow cooking over night ready to eat as soon as I come off the bike. I drop in rice that’s pre cooked in the bowel I serve it up in or I add sweet potatoes in.

Works awesome.

Mine also doubles as a steamer so I steam salmon in it twice a week only takes 8 mins. Amazing!

1 Like

My make ahead for the week carbs are:

Breakfast: 5 servings ~60g Carbs, 10g Protein and 11 g fiber per serving.
2 cups rolled 7 grain cereal
2-3 chopped apples & pears
Handful of dried cherries
Cinnamon stick
5 cups water
Low pressure, 8 minutes, natural release

Lunch/snack/dinner carbs
Barley & Spelt : 5 servings ~58g Carbs, 9g protein and 10g fiber per serving
1 cup pearled barley
1 cup spelt berries
5 cups water
Medium pressure, 40 minutes, natural release

Wow, that risotto bolognese recipe looks amazing. That’s gonna get made this weekend.

just made the risotto Bolognase last night. I do most of the prep in a frying pan, up to the part where you put in the marsala. And at my wife’s insistence, I use turkey sausage.

I often cook instant pot spaghetti and meatballs Very tasty ans easy to cook! You shoud try it)

1 Like

I made Ginger Bread Cake in my newly bought 9 in 1 Programmable Pressure Cooker. This Instant Pot Duo has a Dual pressure setting that leads to reduced preparation time and Fingerprint resistant exterior surface.

I finally bit the bullet and ordered one. Lets here your favorite instapot recipes, bonus points for pre and post ride fuel!

I am hoping to cook my sweet potatoes in minutes rather than an hour. Also looking to make my own greek yogurt and sticky rice for some home made rice cakes.