Wahoo screen for outdoor workouts

Is there a way to be able to “toggle” the picture of the workout off?

It takes up about half my screen on a bolt, and doesn’t really tell me anything especially useful…

You can make a custom page and just use that for when the workout is running. The prompts and sounds will still appear / activate when an interval is ending / starting.

2 Likes

Yeah but the missing piece is target power

1 Like

Is there anyway to toggle from the workout screen to another screen and back when you have an outdoor workout loaded. I know you can pause the outdoor workout until you get to a suitable piece of road and keep recording the ride, but while I am doing that I would like to view another screen and then switch back to the workout screen when ready to start my intervals.

Is this possible?

I just hit the Page button until I get to the screen I want…and then repeat when I want to go back to the workout page.

I love my Wahoo but having to cycle through all the screens is my biggest complaint with it. When doing outside workouts I tend to turn off the pages I don’t tend to use when doing a workout. One thing I did do was replace heart rate with speed on my planned workout screen. I find that is the one piece of info when outdoors that I switch screens for (out of curiosity more than anything) so by having it there it cuts down on the page cycling I have to do. One nice thing is that regardless of the page you are on, you will get a notification of the upcoming interval with target power so if you can remember the targets you don’t really need to leave the screen you are on.

If you scroll up and down using the side buttons it will add/remove one field at a time - if you set the data field you don’t want as the bottom field on the page (using the app on your phone), then you can effectively toggle it on and off without changing anything else.

TrainerRoad has some blog posts recommending custom workout screens for various computers:

Outside Workouts: Wahoo ELEMNT Setup (trainerroad.com)