Wahoo Elemnt now supports Varia radar

OK. Is this an instance where Garmin doesn’t follow their own documentation? :stuck_out_tongue:

@mcneese.chad you are correct that there are 3 settings in 2nd gen model. The 1st gen model had 2 modes (solid, flash). @Roikyou may be talking about first gen.

1 Like

I’ve had it for a year, it’s possible. Didn’t know there was a second gen

1 Like

1st gen is rectangle (close to square) shaped. 2nd gen is a vertical light. I have both and really only difference is the shape and power of the light. Radar detection seems to be the same.

1 Like

Has anyone ever tested/know if the garmin radar sets off radar detectors in vehicles?

2 Likes

That would be pretty cool if it did!

You were right, three modes

2 Likes

That sounds like a multi-thousand dollar dealer installed option

I’ve got the first gen Varia, and longest ride was a double century. Was able to re-charge twice while continuing to use the radar, by using a charge-only (no data) usb cable.

2 Likes

I also wonder if somebody were to use a radar jammer would it affect the device? Had a Range Rover come up behind and the radar disconnected… :thinking:

Yes, that would probably affect the radar.

Did it reconnect after they passed?

i bought one right after this update came out and LOVE IT. i commute daily about 15-20 miles each way. I dont think ill ride on the road without one again…PLUS this one bike purchase i got an easy approval from the wife on

1 Like