Wahoo Elemnt Bolt and Google Pixel 3 Bluetooth Issues?

Hello, all. I’m needing to upgrade my cycling computer. My charming but aging Garmin Edge 510 does not function with my new Assioma Duo pedals. My intended upgrade is a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt. However, before I drop the cash on a new computer, I want to see if any of you have had issues with the Bolt and a Google Pixel phone via the Bluetooth connection. Since I switched over to a Google Pixel XL and later to a Pixel 3, I have been completely unsuccessful in syncing the phone with my Garmin. The Bluetooth pairs, then disconnects, then pairs, then disconnects—over and over again. Internet searches reveal that Google phones are no strangers to Bluetooth issues, but the devices in question (and conflict) seem to be all over the place (primarily headphones and other music devices). Do any of you (many) forum companions have a Bolt and a Pixel phone and have experienced Bluetooth issues? Not experienced issues? I’m just hoping to get some reassurance before I obtain a new computer only to have it not work with my current (and new) Pixel 3 phone. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Been using a Pixel 3 and Bolt together for maybe 18 months now, the only BT issues I remember having is when I forgot to turn on BT on the phone :grin:

2 Likes

Before buying the Bolt I would try to figure out the issues with the 510, which is still a good cycling computer today, since it shouldn’t have problems pairing with the Assiomas via Ant+ or Bluetooth. Maybe it has some connectivity issues, given that you have problems connecting it to your Smartphone.

Have you tried connecting the Assiomas to the Pixel? There should be an app to update the firmware and do some other stuff, so you can see if the connection is stable.

Personally I had a 510 that worked flawlessy until one day it completely died, now I have a Bolt and I’m more than satisfied with it.

1 Like

I think there are bluetooth issues related to Android 10? It may not be your garmin! Ironically enough, google for some work arounds.

1 Like

Pixel 3 and Elemnt Bolt here, all good. No complaints.

1 Like

One of my buddies has a PIxel phone and had BT problems with his Garmin forever. I kept making fun of him because my Bolt worked fine with my iPhone without any issues. He ended up buying a ROAM and all of his BT issues went away. Still gets mad at the computer from time to time but not because of Bluetooth.

One thing I have noticed is that ever since the ROAM was released Wahoo is constantly putting out firmware updates for all of the models and these updates have been kind of annoying. I also have to more frequently unpair/repair my Wahoo now to get it working properly. I have both a BOLT and a ROAM and have similar experiences with them.

2 Likes