Vitorria Terreno Dry CX 33c

Can anyone share their experience with this tyre and/or recommend an alternative? Looking for a tubeless file tread with side knobs for mostly dry mostly grass courses. Will be run on 19mm internal rims

Cheers!

I haven’t used the Vitorria’s, but have used the Donnelly LAS on a very dry grass / packed gravel CX course and they were brilliant. I believe @Jonathan tried them and didn’t have a good experience. I will say, I would only run them when it’s extremely dry, if there is wet section on the grass or dirt that require climbing or cornering then I’d aim for something like the MXP.

https://www.donnellycycling.com/collections/cyclocross/products/las-700-x-33-120-tpi-folding-bead-clincher

1 Like

doesnt look like LAS comes in tubeless. Clincher and tubular only, I cant be bothered with tubes, ive been tubeless on all my wheels and bikes for so long I feel like tubes are a hassle now :sweat_smile: I dont think I even have any anymore

Re wet patches is a good point. My current tyres are Maxxis Mud Wrestlers, which are really an all round tyre, maybe light mud tyre, so id probably use those in that case

I absolutely love the terreno dry’s. I’m mostly a mountain biker, but built up a cx bike just for some gravel riding and something different, so I haven’t raced cx on them, but I’ve been blown away by the grip on dry dusty mountain bike trails. I started on the 33s, but have since bumped up to the 38s just to better handle the rockiness of the trails I’m riding, but the 33s had great grip too. Set up tubeless with no fuss at all.

1 Like

Lachlan Morton and Alex Howes have been using the Terreno Drys a lot when riding their SuperSixes on gravel/dirt. I just ordered a pair for the same reason since it’s starting to warm up.

1 Like

I have the 38mm version and have used them in dry races. They do very well.

1 Like

I have really liked the Vittoria Terrenos. I ran the Mix the last two years for training. I live in Seattle and so the window for file treads can be short, but I plan to put some Drys on this summer at least for early season training. They feel better to me than Donnelly (though the new PDX WC tubeless is supposed to be quite nice, the others are pretty stiff), they set up tubeless with relative ease compared to my experience with Donnelly, and I have had zero burps even at quite low pressures on bumpy and off-camber terrain.

1 Like