Vector 3 or Assioma?

I have the duo, was debating long and hard between saving the cash for the uno, pleased I didn’t as I have seen my L/R is quite varied. Would have created quite a bit of discrepancy.

1 Like

I’ve had the same thing happen to me, but only once - the left pedal was dead, while the right was almost fully charged. This forced me to do a long outdoor ride with just RPE, which was probably a good thing to practice.

There’s no torque requirement for the Vector 3s. Snug them up as you would any other pedals. The older Vectors had a torque spec where if you didn’t meet it, it affected your power accuracy. I have had no issue with swapping pedals, and was doing so roughly once a week during my season between road and TT bikes. Simple with a standard pedal wrench.

The caveat is that you must run a calibration through your computer each time you swap. For my Elemnt Bolt, that takes about five seconds.

I’ve single sided. No regrets. Double-sided is super expensive and I don’t think it would have affected my training in any way. My FTP wouldn’t be any more accurate and I wasn’t dropping into the wrong training zone by virtue of only having single sided. Lastly, I already knew from other sources that my L/R balance was pretty even.
I guess cycling dynamics would be nice but not £350 nice.

I get the same stats with my Assiomas. L/R Balance etc. Pedalling efficiency

1 Like

has anyone had any issues with calibrating the Assiomas? It always seems to fail on me…

I had a few failures before. There’s been a few updates to TR and the Assioma pedals lately, after those I haven’t had any issues. Another thing I noticed before that helped was moving the connecting device closer to the pedals seemed to help.

1 Like

I had a few instances in the past where it would fail and I’d have to retry, but I think this was specifically addressed in one of the recent firmware updates and I haven’t had issues since - - double check to make sure you’re up to date.

2 Likes

I haven’t used Vector 3, can’t comment on reliability.
Assiomas, no issues, works as advertised. Power is spot on. Very reliable. Taken it in wet weather conditions, switched between bikes. There was an issue where I had to take 2-3 times to calibrate it. Since the update, I’ve had no issues.
Probably thing I could say is the pods/lights are a distraction, and clipping in for me took a while to get use to, but that could be a user thing. Good luck.

1 Like

I have not tried the Assioma, but I am a happy owner of the Vector3s. None of the issues widely reported have affected me so far, they have been very good. The same can be said for my other Garmin products, I tend to get on well with them despite reports on the internet of troubles.

The L/R balance has shown some interesting differences between left and right when I am soft pedalling/reduced effort. However when pedalling hard the balance is typically 51/49 and the average difference at the end of a ride has never been greater than 51/49, so I definitely could have the same experience with single sided… less graphs to look at though!

Is there any difference in maintainability between the two pedals? Are the bearings and other parts user replacable, for example?

I’ve had Assioma duo for 10 months now…not a single issue so far. Battery lasts more than declared 50 hours. Using them with keo…

2 Likes

I think this was mentioned with the vector 3’s and TrainerRoad. TR has been showing 25% for quite some time. Sunday, TR paused towards the end of the ride and then came back shortly after without cadence. After the ride, TR showed 25% but Garmin says low and red. The nice thing is when the batteries died, the Kickr power meter kicked in, so I finished till i could change the batteries. Changing the batteries was easy, i was extra careful since this was my first time. I snugged but didn’t over tighten the covers for fear of damaging them. First ride with fresh batteries in the morning.

Assiomas have all user serviceable parts listed on their website. They are just Xpedo pedals with the power meter built in.

With the Assiomas, how long do the lights flash after you finish the ride? Curious, mine flash for 15 minutes. First ride this morning with the Assiomas, been using the Vector 3’s for the last three months. Seems like the right pedal power level is higher than the left side.

Find topic with Assioma hangout, there is an instruction of reboot. With latest firmware you can set sleep time.

If you want to drive yourself insane with power spikes, power drop offs, replacing battery covers… then buy the Vector 3s…

Seriously stay away from Vector 3 pedals, they are so frustrating, cant believe i dropped 1000 euros on such a crappy product.

1 Like

Reports from DCRainmaker and GPLama indicate these issues have been resolved. Maybe you should look into getting yours fixed?

Purchased the Vector 3’s in July. Joined TrainerRoad in August, using the Vector 3’s on average of 6.5 hours per week since, only issues is to make sure you use mineral oil when replacing the batteries.

Both (Assioma and Vector 3’s) have they’re pro’s and con’s. I like the Assioma, not a fan of pod’s but like the idea of not messing with batteries. It’s like anything, get in a routine, change the batteries every three months depending on use, becomes a habit and make sure to use mineral oil.

I recently had the same question and I ordered the Assioma’s. Just got to my house this week and will be breaking them out tonight or tomorrow.