Upload Run and Swim workouts from Garmin/Strava to TR calendar (Feature Request)

I just checked my account settings and the marketing emails was unchecked - that could be it

2 Likes

That is the reason. We donā€™t send people a survey unless they accept marketing emails.

9 Likes

I did have marketing checked, wonder why no survey? Oh well, no issue except huge YES PLEASE to this!

2 Likes

I meanā€¦ The existence of this thread should be enough to justify adding swimming and running!

We still have some data to collect, but we think about 18% of our athletes will use a running feature.

That doesnā€™t mean we donā€™t want to do it, but it can shed some light on why we put AT in front of supporting running. AT has 92.9% adoption.

We also realize that having running features could increase the percentage of athletes that would use it.

I donā€™t share this to try to diminish the validity of this feature request. I just want to communicate why we chose to prioritize AT before running.

22 Likes

Thanks for your open communication! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

But ā€¦ to be fairā€¦ Only people with the marketing options got the surveyā€¦
If you would do the survey open to forum users who have tr account, you would have different results

Donā€™t you need to opt out of at? I donā€™t remember opting in, it just activated.

It would be interesting to understand what percentage use triathlon plans, and what percentage upload run data from Garmin connect or other app integration. Do these figures all broadly match?

Just forum users wouldnā€™t be a good sample.

We can also tell who runs by those who have Strava/Garmin synced.

4 Likes

You do. We also know the acceptance rate of adaptations and feature usage.

So although itā€™s opt out, the people who have it on are using it.

1 Like

Fair. I have no idea how survey works to really capture the feeling of users, so i guess you are right.

Yes please :slight_smile:

Even if you donā€™t have a way to machine-learn on the data yet. Orā€¦ at least take ā€œfatigueā€ into account with adaptive training.

I run (and swim) and donā€™t have either synced to TR. :wink:

3 Likes

I think if you have Garmin linked to try then they get it regardless

Isnā€™t this a new feature for everyone? I know it was in beta for a long time, but Iā€™m going to give something a chance before I make a decision whether it is beneficial or not.

Train now, does not suggest anything meaningful if imported files arenā€™t accounted for.

• Not really. Iā€™d have to search, but I think full release was around Aug 2021 or so. [Found it, full release Nov 2, 2021. I was remembering timing for open beta release, see date below].

• Before that was an open beta [Aug 19, 2021] where anyone who applied got in. And some of us have used it since March last year. So itā€™s been in use for several months at a minimum generally speaking.

• AFAIK, TrainNow DOES at least see the TSS from imported rides, even if the Progression Level aspect needed for AT is still absent.

• So the Recommendation from TN is at least looking a the full big picture from a TSS perspective.

1 Like

Yup, if you have it linkedā€¦ :joy:

Same here. YES PLEASE!

@Nate_Pearson For those of us who did not receive the survey but would like to submit feedback on this topic, would your team consider sharing a survey link on the forum, even if only open for a short time period? Iā€™m sure there can be some validation requirements that a.) prevent multiple responses, b.) tie responses to a specific TR account, and c.) help illuminate any preferences (or biases?) of the forum population.

Sure, just type it here and Iā€™ll read it.

We want to make sure that the survey sample stays how it is.

6 Likes