Upload Run and Swim workouts from Garmin/Strava to TR calendar (Feature Request)

Let’s just say that my renewal is up next week, so I definitely had some more motivation to know where TR stands on triathlon :smiling_face:

I would as well happily contribute to the triathlon development if it is a direction that TR decides to pursue.

1 Like

Ha ha - I’m available from March, not a Dev though. I can make coffee, sweep floors, secure the architecture…

1 Like

The basic upload feature was working years ago, according to a post by Nate in this thread, just behind the scenes and never released.

1 Like

Thanks so much for noticing this and posting, very positive news! It means it is one the radar :slight_smile:

Did you really expect that “it’s on our roadmap, but” means anything other than “sorry bro, first we’ll have to visit all 8 continents of the earth”? You must be new to TR :wink:

3 Likes

With the new TR run integration email survey I am cautiously optimistic we may be getting closer to this feature!

5 Likes

The who and the what now?

Don’t you get me excited…

2 Likes

:rofl:

I welcome and shudder at this at the same time :wink:

3 Likes

It was a good survey. If they can pull everything in it off it would be very cool!

3 Likes

Hmm, nothing in my inbox. :man_shrugging:t2: They’ll have to drag me kicking and screaming back from Garmin now I’ve made it all the way over there. :sweat_smile:

But seriously, good to see they’re making moves.

2 Likes

I got the survey as well! Hoping they can execute on the items discussed!

3 Likes

I also didn’t receive the email. As I didn’t renew my subscription yesterday, I guess they sent it only to the active users, which makes sense.

Glad to read that they sent something concerning the run. Hope something good will come out of it.

No survey for me and I’m active user and regular runner!

1 Like

No survey for me either

I got it and completed it - I have completed runs in my calendar - I wonder if that might be the trigger ???

I track my run and swim workout time in the calendar to monitor weekly volume

2 Likes

It askes the following questions for those interested (1 to 5 scale with 1 = not at all 5 = very likely )

Chad feel free to delete if this post is inappropriate/ I couldn’t think of a reason any of it would be private

I’ve abbreviated some common language words/typing errors are mine

1. import completed run activities into the TR calendar
  2. automatically associate imported completed run activities with planned run activities
  3. See my run persona records across season and individual workouts (distance based and time IE best 5k time)
  4. automatically detect my FTP and develop training zones from it
  5. have run workouts in Tri/running training plans adapt with AT
  6. running specific training plans that target 5k, 10k, HM, M or distances that work with PB
  7. paced based workouts create from unique running progression levels and running FTP
  8. Send run workouts to my watch to complete outdoors
  9. Stryd foot pod support
    10 other comments
7 Likes

To be honest, I have no idea what is or is not permitted in this situation.

I am just going to let it roll, and let TR handle it as they see fit.

2 Likes

I vote yes for all of those :grinning:

5 Likes

My hopes are now way up for TR running. I want to track my swimming, but will do my own thing. I desperately need AT for running. I’ve used the Garmin AI training and I it was decent but I often struggled to manage it along side the tri plans.

1 Like

I’ve been using Garmin Suggested runs and bikes recently to see how it works. I am following the workouts, but I am staying in control of the run volume. Garmin seems to think I can run much farther than I have been.

1 Like