Understated jerseys that don't cost the sun and moon?

Cycology - definitely not understated, but I do like some of those.

1 Like

DhB Aeron Lab - I find these to be a better fit and more comfortable than rapha aero pro.

At this point I basically donā€™t use anything but DHB Aeron unless I have toā€¦

I have settled on Chapeau as my goto brand. I have 4 tops and 1 shorts and 2 bibs from them. The sizing is consistent and ā€˜normalā€™. I am a large in most normal things and their large fits me well (42 chest)

2 Likes

Their kit looks nice, well-rated, comes with crash replacement warranty and is affordable. Iā€™m buying one now.

Customers get Ā£10 of off Ā£50 if you signup to their mailing list @Johnnyvee

2 Likes

Can someone tell me how to buy fitting jersey? Even if can squeeze myself to racefit I still get huge wrinkles on the front when Iā€™m in position. Should they end at belly button level or whats the secret? Iā€™m 187 cm/6ā€™2".

Thats why skinsuits have a cut where you canā€™t stand up in them.

Just install Honey or use the strata coupons to get Ā£50 off Le Col and get the sport jersey for Ā£50 - granted they seem to be out of stock right now

Same here. The jersey I wanted costs Ā£49.99 and delivery is free, so a penny below the threshold. Iā€™m saving it for future purchases.

1 Like

Agree with everyone saying DHB, my club kit is endura, donā€™t know if itā€™s widely known outside of the UK (they made movistar kit a couple of years ago), its made in Scotland and the cut and materials are really nice, and it fits into the 70 quid price point. Most of the time Iā€™d spend a lot more on bib shorts than Jersey, lot of the time Iā€™m in my rapha bibs with a cheap Jersey from China, no chance of someone on the group ride wearing the same thing! Just look out for dodgy sizing!

1 Like

Plenty of designs to choose from via the Chinese brands that are selling on Amazon. Materials arenā€™t the this yearā€™s newest from Italy, but they are light breathable and hold up to washing. Just make sure to size up as the Chinese sizes are a bit smaller than US. The ones I purchased cost about $20 each if that. Also donā€™t forget about the sale or last yearā€™s styles at places like Pearl Izumi, Primal & even Assos. I like some of the new limited designs Assos has, but Iā€™m not paying $150 for one.

Trainer, cleats, bibs, fan. Whatā€™s a jersey?

1 Like

Another vote for DHB
and
Another vote for Decathlon jerseys, i mean for $25 its hard to go wrong

Which one did you get @Johnnyvee?

Lets see :wink:

Iā€™ve ordered from https://www.theblackbibs.com/ Great product and super affordable. Iā€™m in North America so not sure if they ship across the pond.

I have a specialized SL and a couple alibaba express jerseys along with several from Twin Six.
Specialized cost me arm and leg (although they go on sale often) and fits like a race fit should. I love it.
Alibaba is same as above. Excellent fit and comfort. Cost me 30 bucks shipped or something.
Twin Six is not cheap. I got their ā€œstandardā€ jersey and itā€™s super loose. Quality is nice but I guess I shouldā€™ve bought the race fit version. Which is super expensive.

So Iā€™d say Alibaba ftw for price / performance.

I have that style base layerā€¦ wonā€™t be missed in itā€¦ ha

1 Like

Sportful make pretty nice fitting cheap(ish) jerseys. Body Fit pro and strike models to name a few

Chapeau have absolutely nailed ā€˜understatedā€™ with this range :wink:

1 Like

Another +1 for DHB Aeron, but I find the best value with huge quality is anything from Galibier.