Trying to understand Sweet Spot

Only a maniac has IF shown on the screen! :smiley:

4 Likes

I think my FTP is somewhat lower on the TT bike but not much, possibly 5-10W – pushing down on the pedals feels quite the same vs my road bike, but the breathing is slightly harder due to the compromised position. But like mentioned above, it depends on the person and how accustomed they are to the bike. I know I am not, as I have only ridden my TT bike under 10 times.

1 Like

I’m not very good at time trialing. Nor climbing. I used to be able to produce better sustained power climbing when I only rode mountain bikes. Over the years I’ve found I make as good possibly slightly better power on the tt bike riding fast (flat or even slightly down). I really can’t say I know why but, years ago the article linked below resonated with me and may give some insight why different people do better with one or the other.

As to how much power loss? I’d WAG most new to time trialing could probably get within 10% first ride depending on position. Like everything it seems highly trainable.
https://www.cyclingtips.com/2013/09/climbing-and-time-trialling-how-power-outputs-are-affected/

1 Like

The Coggan handle is now, @The_Cog ?
:thinking:

1 Like

What the what? I will never understand the name changes some people do around here. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes
6 Likes

That kind of double take is reserved for Prince changing his name to a symbol

:ok_hand:

The artist known as WindWarrior is considering NoMagicIntervals :joy:

3 Likes

Maybe I need to become “The Other, Other Chad”?

6 Likes

I’ve always thought of you as, “The Hanging Chad.”

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is the best use of that term I’ve seen in a long time. Well played.

1 Like

2 Likes

NotthatChad

1 Like

You missed by 20 lbs.

1 Like