TrainerRoad users' bikes

How do you like your new saddle? And what was your previous one?

So far, so good! I am currently on recovery week so I am not doing long rides so the real assessment will come in the next block when I do 2+ hours z2 rides. Will report back!

It was the stock saddle that came with my Emonda: Bontrager Aeolus Comp. So nothing fancy. I bought the fi’zik primarily for comfort, not neccesarily the weight reduction but it was fun to hold both saddles when I was changing them out and feel the considerable difference.

1 Like

Ridley Noah Fast, with 12 sp Ultegra. Here just after I hosed it down from a wet ride.

The bike came with a compact crank, the 50 is fine for me, but 34 is not much use in the flatlands where I live. So swapped the small chainring for a dura ace 40t one.

26 Likes

Such a classic style.

1 Like

Rescued a 1990’s Cannondale frame off of FB marketplace and built it up with some more modern parts.

It rides like a dream. I thought it was going to beat me up, but it feels eerily similar to my steel bike.

30 years of bike tech:
Early 1990’s Cannondale R400 frame with original quill stem
Early 2000’s Mavic wheels
Early 2020’s Shimano 105

16 Likes

5500 still gets the job done when needed

13 Likes

Although, I’m more interested in the VW collection! Yours?

Not mine. A neighbors. I have enough toys according to the wife. I didn’t list my other 4 bikes. Thought this was an interesting picture of 1 of them.

1 Like

It was new bike day recently:

3rd: road.cc Recommends Bikes of the Year 2022/23: the best road bikes | road.cc

25 Likes

NBD over here
2022 E-117 tri with Sram Force groupo
Actually picked it up in december have yet to do a proper trainer ride on it due to technical difficulties lol

12 Likes

I’ve been watching this thread for quite some time and enjoying the bike pics. Yesterday I finally got to have my new bike day!

50 Likes

Love the new Madone! Congratulations! How is cockpit by chance?

So far so good for the cockpit. I notice it is slightly narrower in the hoods. Drops feel great to me. Nice and clean look to it too. Only issue is there is a small gap between top cap of stem and frame. Apparently Trek has a service bulletin about it and shop says I will be getting a replacement. They also said it is purely a cosmetic issue.

This bike is a big change from my old 2011 Madone. Old bike still has box rims and mechanical Ultegra. Pretty excited to get this on the road and feel the difference.

I was going to ask about that. Was worried you didn’t preload the headset enough. Looks awesome otherwise. Have to say that that frame is growing on me.

2 Likes

After Vitus Substance CRX warranty claim due to a frame crack I’ve opted for cool looking Rose Backroad GRX Di2 1x11. Due to very muddy local trails I’ve rode my NBD day ride on road setup (44t chainring, road wheels and 32mm tyres).

22 Likes

My 2021 has the same teensy gap. I try to just not look at it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It truthfully isn’t all that bad. I’ll post a pic of new one once I have it.

1 Like

Love seeing all the bikes here. I just finished building up my new road bike a couple months ago (just in time for winter); it’s not on the trainer since my H3 can’t do 12-speed, but we’ve been having a mild winter here in the Mid-Atlantic so I’ve gotten out on it more than I would have expected.

I designed the frame, worked with my friend Mike of Cobalt Bikes to have it built. The key part of this challenge for me was building up a frame with fully internal / hidden cables (well, hoses – it’s wireless). My previous titanium road bike was designed to look classic (horizontal top tube, straight stays, etc.) but for this one I was going for a modern aesthetic with D-shaped tubes, fully integrated, and [slightly] “dropped-stays” (by way of tiny triple triangle). I also did some DIY anodizing for the logo; I’ll keep working on that, but I’m super happy with the frame and the overall build.

31 Likes

Wow :star_struck: beautiful build! Is that a Waltly bike?

Thank you! I think Cobalt has worked with a couple different frame manufacturers. Cobalt doesn’t publicize their partners, but, having worked with Waltly directly myself in the past, this does seem likely to be from their factory (they do a really nice job and this certainly lives up to that in construction / finish quality). I appreciated that I could spec with a UDH hanger and T47 BB.

2 Likes