TR won’t output to Strava

Maybe a stupid question but to test the workout to Strava I stopped the workout after 5mins and saved it expecting it to go to Strava. You don’t have to finish the workout entirely for it to send to Strava do you?

Who should I speak to if there’s not an easy fix?

Thanks

support@trainerroad.com

You don’t have to complete the workout but you do need to save it not discard it. Not sure if there is also a time threshold that needs to be met before the ride syncs?

Also for reference:

1 Like

Yes thanks Kevstraining all settings are fine in Strava, Data Permissions and Partner Integrations. I can only think there must be some minimum duration of workout before TR will see it as a “real” workout.

FYI Trainer Roads have come back and said the minimum duration on a workout is 15mins in order to output with Ridesync. Needs that duration to ensure the API between the two apps happens.

Thanks guys much appreciated your advice.

Darren

3 Likes

Hmm, that appears to be a TrainerRoad limitation. My Garmin syncs short 5-6 minute rides to Strava, for example when I come home after the monthly group post-ride get together.

Zwift has a similar limitation.

@IvyAudrain can I suggest that this 15min requirement is added to the strava link faq?

Thought I’ve seen short Zwift rides but a quick scan of today’s Strava feed I only saw one indoor ride under 2 minutes (Strava / Apple Watch) and 55 sec “ride” recorded on Garmin 810.

I see enough short workouts / rides in my feed you would think all platforms sync all activities :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Zwift has a 2km minimum distance before a ride is uploaded. Sounds like it something they have decided to do themselves.

Zwift Support link…
My Activity Didn't Upload.