Tour de France 2020 Prediction Poll Post Dauphine Carnage

Given the carnage in the Dauphine, who do you predict will win the Tour this year? This poll goes pretty deep, given that a lot of the favorites from a week ago are injured / might not start / had a disastrous Dauphine. I had to split the poll into two, as polls are limited to 20 options

Top 20 favorites from a couple of days ago

• Primoz Roglic
  • Egan Bernal
  • Thibaut Pinot
  • Tom Dumoulin
  • Tadej Pogacar
  • Geraint Thomas
  • Christopher Froome
  • Nairo Quintana
  • Emanuel Buchmann
  • Mikel Landa Meana
  • Julian Alaphilippe
  • Miguel Angel Lopez Moreno
  • Pavel Sivakov
  • Richie Porte
  • Adam Yates
  • George Bennett
  • Richard Carapaz
  • Daniel Felipe Martinez
  • Guillaume Martin
  • Enric Mas Nicolau

0 voters

Outsiders

• Sergio Higuita
  • Wout Van Aert
  • Steven Kruijswijk
  • Jakob Fuglsang
  • Rigoberto Uran
  • Romain Bardet
  • Bauke Mollema
  • Vincenzo Nibali
  • Simon Yates
  • Fabio Aru
  • Johan Esteban Chaves Rubio
  • David Gaudu
  • Wilco Kelderman
  • Michael Woods
  • Daniel Martin
  • Michal Kwiatkowski
  • Wouter Poels
  • Maximilian Schachmann
  • Alejandro Valverde
  • Sepp Kuss

0 voters

2 Likes

Kuss looked great but unless both Roglic & Dumoulin get taken out, I highly doubt he’ll be given a shot at it. Hell, even Bennett might come next in the pecking order.

2 Likes

Sepp even know how to do a TT well enough to not lose minutes?

1 Like

We will have to see how injured Roglic actually is. I agree that Kuss is a very, very outside shot, but I thought I would throw him in.

1 Like

I expect we’ll see a strong performance from Kuss even if they don’t let loose the reins. I’m excited to see him ride in a longer stage race like this to see what he is capable of in the later weeks. Him and Bennett working with Dumoulin and Roglic in the mountains sounds ridiculously hard to overcome for other teams. If Roglic’s and Bernal’s injuries still plague them, I think Dumoulin is clearly the biggest GC threat.

As much as I love him, I’m not sure Alaphilippe will show a similar performance to last year. I just hope he animates the race like last year even if he’s not in yellow because I love watching him.

2 Likes

Current list of riders listed in the poll who aren’t going to the Tour:

• Geraint Thomas
  • Christopher Froome
  • Steven Kruijswijk
  • Jakob Fuglsang - Probably not going to the Tour
  • Vincenzo Nibali
  • Simon Yates
  • Wilco Kelderman

and don’t forget Van Aert

??? on Van Aert?

Not sure this is true? Jumbo have not announced their team yet and van aert said he was going today after his TT win. Below extract is from today:

Van Aert will now focus on the Tour de France. “Above all, I hope to be able to show my Belgian tricolore in more than one race”, he referred to his crash one year ago. “The goal for me in the Tour remains the same: to help the team leaders. But if the opportunity arises in one of the stages, I will definitely try to win again.”

2 Likes

I can’t imagine after work that Wout Van Aert did last year at the Tour, and in the Daphine this year, that TJV wouldn’t take him. Wout and Tony Martin are needed to control / protect their GC riders on the flat stages / until the end of mountain stages.

1 Like

Im going with Froome! A late wild card entry, or transfer to JV!!

Holy @#$% I’m just so excited!

Guillaume Martin should be on that list. He has been climbing with the best lately. On for a top 5 I think.

little fun fact on the side: On the betting sides Adam Yates has the same odds for winning the TdF as Sepp Kuss :sweat_smile:

2 Likes