The World Famous Tuna Canyon Descent

What goes up must come down! Tuna Canyon is a technical descent in L.A made famous by Safa Brian with some epic views of the pacific ocean. It’s the only time I’ll hit 50mph+

9 Likes

First time I did Tuna I overcooked one of the hairpins and smashed straight into the rock face.

1 Like

Nice :sunglasses:

I’ve watched numerous videos of that descent over the years (including many from Safa) and it never ceases to amaze and scare me in equal measure.

I missed the opportunity to ride it myself in 2019 when I had a short PA visit - route took me the other way towards Cornell.

May need to find an excuse to make another trip back out there next year :love_you_gesture:t2:

I’ve never heard of it but it looks sweet but I am one of those weird idiots who would prefer to go up it :joy:

1 Like

Ouch

Agreed. Except you can’t climb Tuna because the bottom half is one way (down) which is in part why it’s special as you have the whole road to yourself.

2 Likes

Oh I like the sound of that. I cant fully relax on a descent as practically every time I start too I go round and meet a cart/ lorry, particularly on narrow roads for some reason. Not a long descent but I miss loops of Arthurs Seat in Edinburgh, its decent down through the park is one way and there’s a decent climb too :+1: Edit and IIRC cars are banned altogether at certain times.

Five Kilometre ride around Arthur’s Seat Edinburgh, Scotland - YouTube

1 Like

Great video….would love to give that a rip someday.

1 Like