The Tim Ferriss podcast and purchases for under $100 that you love

ketomojo meter to test my ketones in my test phase of this new product, so awesome $49

evoq eliel jersey with new colorway (i’m biased)

30mm road tires!

1 Like

It was only 3hr50 in the end. My precious areas are fine. :grin:

1 Like

Ouch. I’ve only done that once and it was when I did Disaster, which was a disaster.

You should try something like the BMTR 100 mile rides on Saturdays. Pick the pace that you want and tag along. Zwift-based physics makes it faster than IRL and is pretty engaging. 4 hours (or however much time you want to ride) drops away pretty quickly.

1 Like

Pace partners are great, too. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I agree! However, I spent $80 on the special edition violet one to match my CK hubs. But still under $100. :rofl: I need one for each of my other bikes now.

2 Likes

Blender’s Eyewear makes some stylish, but inexpensive polarized sunglasses. I now have several different pairs.

i really like silca’s super secret drip lube because it makes having a waxed chain so much easier.

you do the chain prep and immersion wax your chain, but after that i extend the life of the wax a few times by applying the drip wax. after maybe a month or so i’ll take off the chain and immerse it again, but the drip stuff does a really good job of getting where it needs to go.

I’d be annoyed if i had to remove my chain once or twice a week to do the full immersion wax, but the drip lube is great! also i’m not terrified of my bike touching any furniture or rugs in my house anymore!

2 Likes

I’m personally not a fan of riding in groups in Zwift. I get why other people like it, but it’s not for me. I can’t stand the ebb and flow of the slinky that comes from being in the blob. When I’m in Zwift, and I’m not trying to earn a badge, I look for the place with the fewest other riders.

3 Likes

I’m using Ceramic Speed UFO Lube, but same, I’m cleaning and using UFO lube once a week (after 8-12 hours riding) and drip wax lubes are great!

Definitely on my top 3 under $100.

1 Like

Totally get it…we each have our individual preferences for what works when training indoors. I’m not a fan of racing on Zwift, while plenty of people are…but I do enjoy larger group rides for long sessions.

:man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ordered. Was struggling to get loud enough "on your left"s out today during my interval set. :laughing:

I did a black “frankenbell”. I figure if I’m slapping a bell on my Venge, I don’t really care if it has a scratch.

So now, I’m rolling a Venge with a non-aero Varia radar, a non-aero bar bag, and soon a non-aero bell, along with less aero 30mm alloy rims and garden hoses for tires. My training setup is the slowest Venge on the planet. The engine is decent, so at least there’s that. :laughing:

3 Likes

Same.

I thought I would like it for my steady endurance rides. Turns out, not so much. I’d rather shift up and down hills than have to deal with Zwift pack dynamics.

1 Like

Sugar
Table Salt

6 Likes

Don’t try that sodium citrate upsell!

2 Likes

Pair of wellies for walking around muddy cyclocross races. About £12 and dry, warm feet.

1 Like

Not exactly cycling specific but, an on sale pair of Planks ski gloves. Cost me £45.

I’ve spent a fortune on winter cycling gloves and none of them have done what they claim to do.

Yes, I can still feel my brakes and gear leavers through the ski gloves and my hands are toasty warm. Absolute bargain in my opinion.

Lifeline saddle bag. If you just want something that works and it keeps your spares dry, for £9, you can’t go wrong. Not going to win any styling awards but when you’re on the roads in winter, who cares?

2 Likes

Got to use my Frankenbell for the first time yesterday. Rang it twice for a cyclist going up a hill and weaving all over. Finally had to yell at him anyway, then he got upset with me for not yelling sooner, as he yelled at me for startling him…

Looked like he had nice headphones though. :smirk:

1 Like

if you want to avoid using gatorade powder I put together an easy to follow guide for increasing your carb on rides/ runs/ lifting.

$100 gets you enough carbs for more than a season of racing and training. I’d use the savings for King Cages. Affordable, light, and I have never dropped a bottle. ever.

1 Like

A bunch of you messaged me about the Urban Cycling kit I mentioned in my last post. I did a review of it on my blog. Spoiler alert, it’s a great kit for what you pay. It’s not Castelli but still a huge value for the money.

Hugh