Thank you TR for putting your money where your mouth is

@kontrabass, do you genuinely want to learn about/understand the other side’s grievances?

2 Likes

This is not a protest. This this looting. They are different things

2 Likes

There is looting going on around the peaceful protests. The looting makes good headlines but if you go look for it there are many many many more people protesting peacefully than there are people who are being destructive.

Human Life > Property

5 Likes

HA!

See you are definitely missing the point man.
There are 3 groups here. People peacefully protesting. Then there are the riots and then looters.

Most agree with protests, some agree with riots, and almost certain most disagree with looters.
You need to learn the difference.
Plus, you post was not about the looters. It was about how you feel discriminated because you are white hetero meat eater (whatever that means)

5 Likes

How about we move the discussion?

5 Likes

And reset so we can have constructive dialogue.

3 Likes

There are also more good cops than bad but bad ones make good headlines.

Whats with the “Human Life > Property”. Does it mean I can burn down your house and you should be happy because I didnt kill you?

3 Likes

Good cop or bad cop doesn’t matter on that job, you can only have good cops. You don’t fly united and hope you have the good pilot on the flight, because the bad pilot means you die.

2 Likes

Then why not protest against something that would change something.

It says that police academy is only about 6 months, which is ridiculously low for such a responsible profession. Why not protest peacefully for longer education?

1 Like

No, it means that property can be replaced and human life cannot be. The looting is not good. Yes, it would be great if massive systemic change could happen without property damage. However, that has almost never been the case. In an ideal world protests would be successful while remaining peaceful. I think we can all agree with that. But these protests are easily ignored and almost never produce the widespread and systemic change that is necessary.

3 Likes

I think we have good discussion going on the other thread. Let’s stay on topic :pray:

2 Likes

Do you really think people are going to change their opinion if you burn down multiple cities? This is only going to make things worse.

Lets say you have a nice store you built from ground up your whole life. If one night 200 [insert race here] come and burn it down. Are you ok with that?

2 Likes

Man.
Drop it.
the “there are more good cop” rhetoric is old and tiring.

yes, there are more good cops. I do agree with this.
The problem is the good cops dont lift a finger when bad cops do something.
All of this wouldn’t be a thing IF the police unions would take a stand against police brutality.

It really disheartening hearing “good cops” defending “bad cops”
(for the record I have LE family members)

9 Likes

lets not ruin 2 threads

The other thread is designed to carry on this discussion so by all means, carry it on there.

1 Like

Good on you, TR! I’m happy to support a company that supports things bigger than just their product.

9 Likes

Just want to say thanks to those who mentioned L39ion. I hadn’t seen this before. I just ordered a cool shirt for a cool cause.

And TR you were the very first group I saw who put their money where their mouth was after what happened last night. Thank you for that. And thank you for matching my donation! My employer did too, so that’s 3x the money!

13 Likes

:+1: to your boss!

Also ordered a shirt. Been wanting some L39 gear since they were CNCPT.

Ha! Just checked out the old CNCPT webpage…their ‘shop’ link is still active and has some amazing stuff (from their once clothing supplier):

4 Likes

In what way?

It means white male feels dominance is threatened just because previously marginalized voices want to speak up

4 Likes