Successful Athletes Podcast, Suggested Guests

Maybe. It’s an interesting observation that points to how difficult it is to be a good interviewer - the ability to know when to deviate from your plan and stay on a topic, and when to move along.

What about the other Chad. Just from Strava @mcneese.chad looks pretty dang strong. Saw he knocked down another KOM. And he might know more about this forum than all of us.

4 Likes

I second this suggestion - come on @Nate_Pearson make it happen ! :grin:

5 Likes

I appreciate the props! :smiley: KOM’s are fun and all, but I’m a medium sized fish in a small pond. Not a ton of high level cyclists in Montana, especially in my area.

I’m happy with my progress through TR over the past 5 seasons, growing each year. I’m just an aging masters rider trying to keep gaining while having life (wife and no kids), a career and too many hobbies. Also hoping to hold off the stall and loss from age that is on the horizon :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

That sounds pretty damn successful to me! Five years of progress is quite an accomplishment.

2 Likes

She would be the first to tell you that she wouldn’t have much to offer. She’s a dedicated machine, she can get up at 5am, do 2 hours of TR and an hour swim before I wake up and just do it. There are no tricks. She just does it.

She just picks workouts and does them. :smiley:

2 Likes

How about some of red bull trans siberian extreme athletes? They will not probably discuss about aero gains but how to survive out this monster.
Pretty interesting and very little known (at least to me) athletes are there, i.e Amit Samarth, Alexei Shchebelin.

Jenny Rissveds

Helluva journey to get back to the top.

In the small world that it is, I was looking at 100 mile ride on Strava that a couple of guys I went to high school did last week and saw your name was in the list of people they road with

1 Like

Ha, that must be the Cascade 100. If so, Dan and Jeff were a blast to ride with and gave me a workout on the 2nd half of the ride :smiley:

I just learned about Sika Henry from Ayesha McGowan’s podcast/blog, and I think she’d be a great guest. I believe she’s even a TR user! (Why I Ride Indoors: Sika Henry)

Sika is a professional triathlete and works full time. She didn’t learn to ride a bike until she was a teenager, and she completed her first triathlon on a mountain bike. She’s in her mid-thirties.

I said a while ago when racing starts to happen again I would like to hear a ‘quest for kona’ type series but unlike ‘quest for kona’ athletes that are actually capable of getting hing there.

Speak to the athlete before their qualifying race, after, before kona and after.

1 Like

I saw Ted King is using TrainerRoad. He be an interesting guest. The man can hold some big power.

1 Like

And with Ted King, his wife, Laura too! Especially since she just had a baby a few months ago and is returning to cycling (pertinent to me :joy:).

Along that same line Sonya Looney had her baby like a week later than Laura. Oh, and Larissa Connors!

Okay, I’ll admit…I want to hear from recently new parents and returning to cycling…

1 Like

Melissa Teeple https://melissateeple.com/ Melissa (@twowheeledteeps) • Instagram photos and videos
Just watch a interview with her. She would be fun to have on

Jarret Oldham? Uses TR for most of his training and is able to train around a full-time job?