500th Podcast Episode

As per Jonathan’s recent request on the AACC podcast #465, what would we like to see in Ep 500?

I’d love to see the hosts set themselves a cycling or triathlon challenge to train for, although that it is unlikely

Invite previous hosts back for a one-off catchup?

Other thoughts?

4 Likes

Maybe asking what’s the one bit of advice they wish they’d known 500 episodes ago…

Maybe 500 beers with Chad?

15 Likes

Would be wicked to have a couple of cameos. Some may not be possible, but I’d love to hear Pete and Amber’s voices again.

Also, how far TR has come (as a product, as a company, as individual podcast hosts) since episode 1.

16 Likes

Chad, Nate, and Jonathan

37 Likes

+1

4 Likes

+1 the OG together
The original trio was the best

13 Likes

That would be the dream, eh? :+1:

3 Likes

Yup. I’d invite Amber and Pete. Chad won’t get an invitation for reasons.

6 Likes

Make it a live event in front of audience.

1 Like

Chad was always my favourite part of the podcast

11 Likes

A live ramp-test, like they used to do.

8 Likes

Being back Chad for a “Beers w/Chad” episode. That could get a little gnarly though!

2 Likes

Now THAT would be worth watching…the one with Nate downing wine at a frightening rate was legendary episode! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Beers FOR Chad

3 Likes

I would love to hear Chad back again

1 Like

I would 100% get back on the bandwagon if they set themselves a challenge to train for. I was totally engrossed when they did the time trial series, and I was waiting until they announced which Ironman they would be training for so that I could sign up for that one too, and listen/train along with them! It’s a real pity that fell apart.

Someone else suggested a live ramp test. Jonathan won’t do that, but what if they each did a ramp test tomorrow, then set themselves a challenge to see how much they could improve between now and ep500?

3 Likes

I don’t think any of them want the pressure these days. They’ve learned (probably rightly imo) that having thousands of people watching and judging your every move doesn’t tend to end well.

4 Likes

Having a bunch of strangers scrutinizing your performance would suck the fun out of it

Please no more sycophantic Alex Wild “I work a (semi-) full-time job, have a family (with no kids), love TrainerRoad (except I have a professional coach) so I’m just like you except I have a 425 watt FTP” stuff. There are some hard eye-rolls during those.

5 Likes

Honestly I like Alex… super down-to-earth guy…
he always replies to any messages and you follow him on Instagram you’ll see he’s pretty honest

12 Likes