Steam Room and Sauna Time

Hi all,

This may be a dumb question but does anyone use tricks or devices to tell time in the steam room and sauna. I want to use either after my workout at the gym but I only have a set time before I need to go back to work…say 10 minutes. I go in and get paranoid that it’s already been 10 minutes and end up leaving after a couple of minutes.

Any advice, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks!
Zack

What if you just brought like a cheap $10 watch with you?

Ask the gym to put a clock up that is visible through the window

My YMCA has a clock on the wall, but I also wear my Apple Watch.

1 Like

You wear your Apple Watch in the steam room! And it still works?

That was my thought, but wanted to see if anyone had thoughts before I went down that road.

Many of the onsens I visited in Japan had hour glasses. Don’t have to worry about the steam with them. Here is one for $8.99 on Amazon.

:no_mouth:

Yes

Brilliant!

1 Like

Being an avid sauna fan for some years and use it 2-4 times weekly i have been reading up on some of the science Rhonda Patrick has a good report, i do however have some issues with it. In the report on page 7 it is stated that 2 one hour sessions at 80°c (176F) increases growth hormone by 16%

I do 20 minutes sessions at 85°c (185F) once and a cooldown then perhaps add 10 minutes after a 10-20 minute break. The final minutes of the 20 min session are hard i have pushed to 25 minutes but then my heart starts racing and i feel like my body cannot compensate for the heat any longer, weighing myself has shown that a full session 20 min sauna 10-15 rest and 10 minutes again leaves me 2.kg lighter which is water lost through sweat as i do not hydrate while in the sauna or resting, do that afterwards.

Either the 60 minute session experiment was done in a time were ethics in science were different or its BS, atleast the mortality rate for the experiment is not shown.

https://www.foundmyfitness.com/reports/sauna-report.pdf