Stages Gen 3 offset question

Interesting! I’ve never had the option of pairing with Bluetooth on my Wahoo ELEMNT bolt! It always connects with Ant+

I was usually getting 857 calibration number but after the washing earlier today I had some wierd problems and lot of watter around battery and now getting 1691 calibration number…

After a night with removed battery it seems fine but number went from 85x to 90x… and I dodn’t change anything. Would my readings stays as it was before washing or I can expect some diff because of calibration number change?

I think as long as the calibration numbers are in the “correct” range (maybe 850 to 950? Can’t remember it says on the stages website somewhere), it means your PM is measuring correctly, and your numbers should be the same.

I changed my battery for the first time on my PM gen 3 and now it’s reading over 1000 when I calibrate now, before it was 890.

The power readings are different now?

Afaik if its reading over 1000, it’s not calibrating right. Think Stages say the number should be between 850 and 950. I’d try taking the battery out again, and shortejing the circuit by pjtting it in the wrong way round for a minute. Then install the correct way again. Maybe there’s some sort of residual charge that is messing things up. You could also try a new battery. If those things don’t help, contact Stages.
(Maybe double check the recommended calibration number range, because I’m not 100% on that. Somewhere on their website.)

If the calibration is off, your power numbers will be wrong too.

I’m getting around 820. What that means?

That is out of spec. Stages says:

+/- 50 from 890

So 840 to 940.

I’d do a factory reset and try a new battery.

The best thing I did for my Stages was stopping buying the cheap 10-20 packs of batteries off Amazon. Some worked and some didn’t. They don’t last as long and worst of all performance would be erratic.

Since switching to fresh retail packs of Duracells (the kind you might see at Walmart), my Stages has been flawless. This was after two years of dropouts and inconsistent performance.

1 Like