Specialized Tarmac SL8 (2023)

The R5 is objectively worse because of the availability of cockpit sizes. It’s objectively slower than an SL7 if the SL7 has the narrowest available bars - whereas with the cervelo you have to use their cockpit. The bike itself is obviously an order of magnitude less significant than the rider position (consider the power difference on a road bike vs TT bike at 50KP/H for proof of position mattering).

If the 38cm Rapide handlebars ever come back in stock I’m going to buy them immediately. I’m on a size 58 bike but stuck on the stock 44cm Rapide bars (amazing handlebar, just way too wide).

1 Like

#sworks SL8/Venge or shiv road!?

1 Like

Oh Jez. First Impression: Hideous. Maybe after I see it hundreds of times it’ll seem ok.

4 Likes

The fact it says “Shiv” on the seat stay makes me doubt that’s a Venge or Tarmac
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Are we sure that “V” isn’t actually a “T?”

Talk about an ugly design, :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Well, that’s one way to guarantee high SL7 sales for years to come.

2 Likes

I suppose you’re going to tell me that’s not a leak of the next new crank from Sram just cause it says Dura-ace?

2 Likes

That’s the fakest thing I‘ve seen all year.

2 Likes

1 Like

I think this is attempt to poke fun at Chris Froome’s idea to ban TT bikes and suggesting to use road bikes instead.

I saw it on the Internet so must be true

It‘s all but certain that Deceuninck, Bora and Total Energies will race the SL8 at Le Tour.

Well crap I guess I can’t be seen on my SL7 much longer

4 Likes

With the anecdotal informations being leaked here and there, it’s a little embarrassing already to be on an SL7.

6 Likes

If you’re not on next year’s bike you’re behind the game!

3 Likes

And wasting several minutes on every ride…
It’s incredible how the SL7 was ever considered rideable.

2 Likes

The SL7 is so bad that Specialized can barely produce them and keep them in stock.

I’ve seen the spy photos of the new bike and it appears to be an SL7 with a fully integrated cockpit bar/stem. It seems like SL7 owners would be able to upgrade the cockpit if desired.

I highly doubt that was the SL8 (at least the bikes I’ve seen). The cockpit seems to be backwards compatible, which would be great.
Although as of right now, I have a hard time imagining a bike that is any relevant improvement over the SL7.

2 Likes

And here I am, with my Disc SL6 that I still prefer because its easier to travel with, more compliant and lighter :crazy_face:

1 Like