So close to getting all Zwift Route Badges

After going forever saying to myself, “I’m gonna do all these routes legit in one shot…” I’ve hit the conundrum:

I’m level 49 and now just have Uber Pretzel and PRL Full left to do. Seems a waste to let the “double XP” from those two routes go unused (for now?), so I’m thinking I’m going to do the multiple session gig as it’s race season and I’m not going on 5 and 6 hour trainer rides right now (or maybe ever since the weather here never sucks that badly).

I wonder how I will ever live with myself?

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I feel OK about the Uber Pretzel because I did one of the badge hunter rides and my connection dropped several times so it didn’t save. That was a giant botched morning on Zwift that led me to change my entire Zwifting and indoor training tech configuration. :rofl:

PRL Full I’ll just flat out be lazy and I don’t give a damn what anyone thinks. (Walls up… it’ll tear me up on the inside :sob:)

1 Like

Maybe treat it like an outdoor ride. Ride for a couple hours. Take a break. Have some coffee and cake. Fill your bottles. Get back on the trainer. You could even change into some fresh dry kit.

1 Like

That’s what I’m doing, yeah!

I rode three hours. Now I’m just taking a 14-hour coffee and cake break to change my kit and fill my bottles. :slight_smile:

Seriously, my AppleTV will probably drop the connection overnight anyway and break up my plan to finish Uber Pretzel off with a 2-hour over-under/endurance session tomorrow morning.

Overnight break :thinking: Let me know how that works out. I also use an AppleTV.

I did that with my apple tv and worked fine. I just had to set it not to sleep ever. Only route a took a few a days, yes days to finish that one. All others were done in one ride.

Still have all the routes and this is one thing I do enjoy about Z and keeps me motivated.

1 Like

I now have to knock out some of the newer, shorter routes but I’m not in a hurry to get there…there isn’t relaly a challenge to them and knocking out mutliple routes in a single session is such a hassle (although better now with the new UI)

1 Like

No new ui for me as I use atv. Or at least I dont have it

I just checked it, now about 3 hours post-ride and while the ATV fell asleep, when it woke up I was still sitting roadside with about 40km to go. So… fingers crossed.

For you and @ericallenboyd … is there some way to never have to use that crappy little ATV remote?

Honestly, sometimes the hassle of my setup frustrates me… I run ATV with a small 24" TV out in the garage on a Wi-Fi extender. Wi-Fi connectivity is usually solid, but it’s a bit of a pain working with Zwift Companion App to pair three devices when I want to run my TrainingPeaks workouts via Zwift. I have to make sure the phone is paired to the extension network and turn auto join off from the home network… and then it seems like sometimes erg mode just doesn’t want to work at all.

It makes it hard for me to break the sub to TR because TR is usually rock-solid stable, even though all of my TrainingPeaks workouts don’t work quite as well on TR as they do on Zwift. (As a coach, I’d rather run my workouts on Zwift so I can see what my athletes are seeing in my workouts when they do them on Z.)

Sometimes all of that coupled with the crappy little remote is enough to make me just want to buy a gaming laptop and replace the whole setup (again) so Zwift works seamlessly and without screwing around with the companion app.

Well you’ve probably missed one of the 17 app updates they’ve posted in the last 3 weeks. Seriously, it seems like every time I log into Z (which is only 1-2 times per week right now), I have to update the damn thing.

I don’t mind the remote but I have used the iphone keyboard instead. I am sure you know but looks like a remote in the control center.

And yes been a lot of updates but never notice them as only using apple tv and not the ipad.

1 Like

I use that for typing, or just dictate to the remote. I just hate the touchpad, which makes it a pain to change bikes, etc.

I use it for typing and swiping as it is much better than remote. I could buy the newer one but cannot be bothered.

1 Like

While the remote touchpad isn’t the greatest of things, I don’t have issues w/it. I turned down the sensitivity, figured out how much pressure to apply, and how to swipe. Actually, there is one thing that trips me up, a slider (e.g., bike color, sock height). For whatever reason, I do not get on well w/those using the remote touchpad.

1 Like

Finished PRL full a few days ago. Took me 6 hrs and 22 min at about 170W. I’m astonished how some of you get it done in 5 hrs

3 Likes

When they updated the game from 25 to 50 levels (in early 1982 that was), you could use your earned XP beyond level 25.
If you had earned - say 50‘000 XP - beyond level 25, you could get those 50‘000 XP at twice the speed.

So if you go beyond level 50 now, and they’ll ever release a level 60, you‘d have a benefit from that…

1 Like

Yeah, I remember that. But I am a maximizer so max benefit from the double XP! We’ll see if it works in a few.

I’d just leave it at this… :laughing:

Didn’t work. When I opened it this morning, I was still roadside with the ride active, 3hrs in. About 10 min in it seems to have lost track of the route. It stopped counting toward Uber Pretzel and sent me a different way.

Probably need to turn the Sleep mode off on ATV like @ericallenboyd suggested.

I’m still wholesome. :laughing:

Yup turning off sleep is key :raised_hands:t2: Or at least it worked when I did prl full back in Dec 2020. Uber pretzel I did in 1 go

1 Like