Sleep Tracking App

In the latest podcast, Chad mentioned a sleep tracking app that both he and the better half used, but not the actual name of it?

Got me thinking, what do people use to track their sleep out there?

1 Like

I’ve used a Fitbit, and Sleep++ (Apple Watch)

It was kind of interesting for a while, but after a while not worth looking at. I essentially learned what I had already heard - if I prep for sleep an hour before, I will sleep longer and better. If I stay up tapping on my iPhone like I am right now…I won’t! :grinning:

2 Likes
1 Like

I just use my Garmin. It tracks and logs sleep and stress :smiley:

2 Likes

I use Sleep Cycle. I’m only using the free parts of the app but, it does give a clear indication of how the nights sleep went.

Same here, and in the morning I check my stress levels during the night to see if I’m well rested, sick or ready to train hard. This can be done directly in the watch. If my stress levels is not at 0-5 in periods (high HRV), then I might be too fatigued, slept badly due to heat or simply sick.

I use AutoSleep for the apple watch, it is crazy accurate and really gives an accurate picture of how well rested I am for training and when to expect a cold to come on from lack of sleep. The heart rate dip is especially telling for how well I’m absorbing my training.

5 Likes

I use autosleep as well and tracks sleep extremely well. You should have an apple watch for best results. I also use eliteHRV and hrvtraining when i wake up.

1 Like

Hey, I know this thread is a few months old but in case you are still curious about these sleep tracking app, I wanted to give some input.

I use the Sleepzy app on my iPhone x. So far I’m fully satisfied with the same, it’s sleep cycle tracker will analyze your sleep throughout the night and gives you the report in the morning. There is a sleep debt feature, on which you can determine the difference between your sleep goal and the actual amount you had!

I was an IT professional for the past five years. Of course, I had struggle sleeping as my job was of high pressure, demanding in nature, super long and even I had onsite sleep shifts!

Now I turned to another field and working on my health. I’m on medication now and I use a memory foam mattress, Memory Foam Mattresses | Mattressville (If that helps someone) for the past few months.

And the sleepzy app was suggested by my doc, Yeah, it works super fine for me!

I’ve been using Whoop for a month now, used a Garmin and Iwatch before. Would 100% say that it’s much more detailed and gives a lot more feedback. It’s designed for athletes that’s for sure.

Curious how it will help me and the effect it will have this winter, and for the upcoming season.

2 Likes

I switched to Whoop quite a few months back and it works really well for me. It really helps me pay attention to things and pulls the data into TP for my coach to review (and then tell me to sleep more!). I really like the HRV monitoring part of it too.

The Whoop thread above is a good read.

2 Likes

Old thread here, but it seemed like the right place to post this article:

1 Like

I’ve been using AutoSleep over the past two years. Find it very useful.

1 Like

I was hoping my Polar M400 (low end of their range) might help me track my sleep … but it’s not the watch (it seems) that detects sleep, but some algorithm on their website. And it’s not especially good.

Summary

It sometimes decides I took the watch off and put it back on without waking. It changes whether a period is flagged/counted as sleep depending on time of day (refreshing either side of midnight will change a 1pm-9pm sleep from ‘not sleep’ to ‘sleep’). Having a sleep-cycle that (typically) shifts a couple of hours or so each day (non-24 sleep-wake disorder, or something ‘just like it’), it sometimes decides I have had no sleep on a particular day. It only counts/flags one period a day as sleep, and broken/interrupted sleep may be counted as only a very short sub-section. It does not allow user-adjustment/correction.

Would not recommend this product, or Polar in general, for ‘proper’ sleep or fitness tracking. Their HR straps seems fine for collecting base data, though.