Silly thread: how low (room temp) can you go?

Same here in my garage - 5-10 C/41-50 F. It was particularly cold outside (-20 C) two nights ago, so out of curiosity I had my Edge 820 displaying the temperature while doing the Ramp Test and Taku last night. It showed 6 C at the end, and it was still going down. After the workout I turned up the floor heating so it wouldn’t freeze. :grinning:

So anyway, I don’t always use my fan. My rule of thumb is to be comfortable or use the fan to assist with intense workouts. I always strip to just bib shorts early in workouts. It hurt to turn the fan on as I passed through threshold in the Ramp Test last night, but it was more bearable near the end, when the test began inflicting more pain.

I’ve got a headwind and have mine linked to heart rate, if it’s linked to speed, it won’t change when erg kicks on, or in zwift when you go up a hill

Are you in “Wahoo Utility” or “Fitness” app, sounds like you are in the Utility App, Fitness App is where you need to be (your supposed to use it when training) , click on the strange radio symbol (to the left of the man) , select headwind and once if finished waiting, you should be able to use the app as a remote control

Just above zero c in the conservatory last night, windows and doors open, start with hoodie on, half way through I’m in shorts with a fan going … seems ok to me

1 Like

Haha, oops! Let’s call it a brick outbuilding from now on! :joy:

Out of curiosity, I brought a thermometer down to the basement. The temperature is a consistent cool but comfortable 62F/17C and 48% humidity. I usually warm up with a light riding jacket or hoodie for the first 10 minutes or so. A house fan on 1 usually is all I need.

Thanks @womblekiller. I did indeed have the wrong app.
I linked it to HR last night and it worked really well. I think the only p is that in that mode only the blue HR light is on and the fan speed changes but it does not show what level it has got to. If I get to my max HR I would expect to see all 5 bars of the fan lit up.
Otherwise it works well. It sure is a powerful fan.

1 Like

Nice, happy to have helped, one thing I will say is that you can set the ranges in the app … but don’t set the upper limit to your max heart rate, otherwise it won’t be on full power till you are at max heart rate, I have mine set at about 92% (trial and error) so it’s working flat out when you are working hard

I think the level shows in the app (not sure though … just let it do it’s thing now)