Save me from the wife

So when taking my bike outside with the wheels off I’ve managed to scuff the stairs with my chain! I’ve given it a once over with baby wipes here so it’s a bit worse looking while damp, but any suggestions for removing bike oil from fabric are welcome!
Surely others have done similar when loading into cars etc.
I hope.

7 Likes

Leave a pair of pants and/or socks on the stairs over the mark (preferably worn.) I’m sure that will work.

26 Likes

Sell the house.

46 Likes

I’ve saved our carpet from my wife’s bike mishandling with citrus degreaser

4 Likes

If you have kids, lay a box of crayons spread around on the floor. :rofl:

21 Likes

Soak in pH neutral degreaser (dish soap), rub and scrub, vacuum dry. Repeat until gone.

3 Likes

I like the degreaser idea but you can also try a little diluted hydrogen peroxide, blot don’t scrub or that what my wife tells me.

1 Like

Extremely gently if scrubbing of course. You don’t want to rip fibers.

You’re gonna need something with some degreaser, so H202 probably won’t work.

I’d try a gentle hand soap or something like Dawn…

1 Like

I use folex for that. It’s amazing and they sell it at Home Depot.

18 Likes

Whatever you use try it on the carpet in an inconspicuous place first. You don’t need to make a bad situation worse. On a side note, has your wife ever watched Dexter? How worried should we be for you? :wink:

3 Likes

Dead man walking …

9 Likes

Wax your chain

12 Likes

Blame it on the dog? :dog2:

4 Likes

Do what I do - create a much bigger stain elsewhere - this will look mild in comparison. Win !

7 Likes

Burn the house

5 Likes

This was my suggestion as well.

OR

Fake your own death

4 Likes

These responses didn’t disappoint :joy:

11 Likes

That looks exactly like what happens when a puppy wipes their rear on a carpet. If you don’t have a puppy go get one immediately.

When wife comes home and gushes over new puppy you say: “I dunno, I thought this was going to be a good idea but look what the little bastard did to the carpet already!!! I think I need to bring him back”. Your wife will then help with the stain removal in order to keep the puppy.

Sure, its a 10-15 year commitment to the dog but gotta do what you gotta do.

24 Likes

Fake a burglary. Those pesky burglars and their dirty shoes!!

1 Like