Saris MP1 noise

Anyone else have a MP1 that kinda makes a vibration noise? I just lubed all the roller areas as specified, but i still get this annoying vibration. I figured out if i make it do a solid rock fore/aft, that will often shut it up for 10 minutes, then it comes back and i do another solid fore/aft rock. Not a huge deal, but id prefer silence. The MP1 only has three months of use on it, so still newish.

I don’t have that issue, but I do get a clunking noise when the platform moves fore/aft.

Might be helpful to upload a short video clip.

I don’t know about a vibration sound, but I definitely get creaks and clunks fairly regularly, it’s never been silent for me, even brand new.

3 Likes

any ideas would be appreciated. here’s a link to a video IMG_0437.mov - Google Drive

I already tried lubing the rollers. And as shown, if I add fore/aft motion, or significant side to side motion, it get quiet.

You did the whole routine with the silicone-infused rag? Not just the rollers, but the parts they interface with as well?

Yeah, rollers, tracks and bars have been lubed. Im thinking i may be the two rollers on the bar in the back, im wondering how tight they should be on the bar…one way to find out i guess

Ever solve this? My MP1 is making a slight clunking sound when I rock fore/aft…. Seems to be coming from the roller on top of the middle sliding tube from what I can tell. I only have about 40 hours on the platform but I don’t think it was doing that when new, it just sort of became gradually more prevalent. I’ve cleaned everything with the special cloth, noise is the same. I’m wondering if the rollers have to be adjusted somehow.

FWIW mine creaks and always has no matter lube or cleaning.

Mine makes clunking sounds as well. The more the platform moves, the more clunking.

Not defending Saris, but it’s a pretty simple (yet very effective) contraption. I think the clunking is just part and parcel with the design. (Gravity is what makes it work.)

Given the materials it’s made from and the construction methods, I have a theory that the manufacturer of the MP1 happens to also make a lot of desks for grade schools.

No, never found a solution. I just rode with it t and eventually my brain just filters it out

1 Like

This. Noise cancelling headphones help. They help with the fan noise too.

Main thing is that I don’t want to damage anything since mine would still be under warranty for now. Just did three hours in Zwift today on it and seems fine but the sound is still there. It doesn’t seem to be getting worse anyway.

Have you flipped it over and just check to make sure everything is snug? If so, then it’s probably fine