Saris H3 Discussion/Issues

I put an NX eagle cassette on the trainer and its making a weird noise I can’t figure out what it is. The cassette is really close to the trainer but it doesn’t touch. Do I need a spacer or something?

I put the spacer on mine. Shifted poorly and would need to adjust limit screws but I didn’t want to mess with it so found the best gear and kept it in erg mode.

I was thinking about just taking one of the small spacers from the bottom of the cassette and using that for a bit of room or do you think its better to use the big spacer?

I just used the small spacer that came with the trainer… but I think any will work. My issue was that without the spacer, it shifted well but I couldn’t tighten the thru bolt down. The official stance I got from Saris via email is that it’s not comparable with a 12 speed cassette… this is probably why. But like I said, it did work in erg mode just fine and was super quiet.

1 Like

My power supply went out, and had to replace it. Found this on Amazon, and it has the same power specs, and the correct barrel connector. It is working fine for me. The output cable length is ‘normal’, so not as long as the unusually long one on the stock supply.

5 Likes

I’ve been troubleshooting an issue with my H3: over the past months my trainer hasn’t been working right. I cracked the tophat spacer (now replaced), but I’ve noticed a big power discrepancy between indoors and outdoors that has persisted even after replacing the tophat. After doing pretty extensive testing outdoors on some steep climbs (and using both spider based and hub based power meters outdoors) I’m pretty certain the H3 is under-reading by 10%.

Is there anything else that might have been damaged by riding with a busted tophat spacer that I should look at or try to fix? I added grease to the freehub/tophat but did nothing else. I find the power discrepancy very annoying and want to get to the bottom of it even though I can use powermatch (and would like to know one way or the other if my trainer is off or my two power meters). I haven’t been able to get Saris to reply though their customer service has usually been good with other issues.

Tophat shouldn’t be a problem here. Maybe you should tight transmission belt and try to warmup (~180W@5min) and calibrate H3. My units calibrates with ~13.5s with this procedure and works very good in terms of power measuring.

1 Like

I opened up the trainer and noticed the belt tension spring was at 1 inch instead of 0.75. I tightened it up maybe that was making a big difference

2 Likes

My Saris H3 seems to be dead except has a blinking red light, cannot connect via bluetooth. Light was dimmed on the H3 supply so bought an aftermarket one, same problem persists. No response from Saris support…

Grateful for any suggestions?

If you bought your H3 on a credit card it might have an extended warranty and you can file a claim.

Sorry :frowning: I Think the only easy thing to fix is a replacement power adapter, which you already tried. It certainly was plausible that the power adapter wasn’t providing adequate voltage/power and replacing it would help, but it seems that is not the case.

List of LED error codes, assuming you are getting the first red blinking error which is a Radio communication error, you are going to need to contact Saris.

Mike

2 Likes

Thanks - I hadnt seen that. I just turned on again to see how fast the red LED was flashing and now I dont get any LED at all, which I am guessing is not a good sign. I will email Saris again and see if I get a response.

I want to use my gravel or mtb on the trainer. I know sram nx cassette wont work because the pins touch when you put down power. Will any aftermarket eagle cassettes work?