This just came into my youtube box. GCN video on new H3 and a moving platform for trainers. Looks cool. Wanted to ask others their thoughts?
Edit by Chad McNeese to add:
Saris is grouping all products formerly branded as CycleOps under the single, Saris brand now.
- This link covers this announcement and has more info on the new H3 trainer and MP1 platform.
Additionally, looking at the new combined Saris product site:
- They already have the H3 Direct Drive Smart Trainer listed for $1000 USD (the H2 was $1200 USD). I was able to add it to my cart as a test, so it seems to be available right now.
- The existing M2 Smart Trainer is listed at $500 USD (formerly $600 USD).
- The new MP1 Nfinity Trainer Platform is listed at $1200 and has an option to be notified when it becomes available.
Those appear to be good price points for the trainer and are currently less than comparable models from Wahoo. Still notable is that the H3 does not include a cassette or standard quick release skewer (which the Kickr18 does, and makes for some of the price difference. We have yet to see what Wahoo has up it’s sleeve, so this comparison may not be the best one after Eurobike next week.
The MP1 seems expensive to me and I expect it will be tough sell based on initial comments. This may change as they get them out to dealers for test rides. I expect to persuade our shop to get one it (if I don’t get one for myself) and see how it compares.
- Here is a more detailed page about the new platform.
Edit by killroy123: I told Chad to edit this. This is all me.
Added 28 Oct 2019: