Saris H3 Discussion/Issues

I know Saris said the H3 doesn’t work with 12 speed but new Shimano 12 speeds looks pretty identical to the 11 speed stuff. Does anyone know if its compatible?

The new Shimano 12-s cassette will fit on the older 11-s HG cassette (which is what the H3 uses). They made it backward compatible on purpose to allow people to use their existing wheels (and trainers? :wink: ) without needing to upgrade to the new micro-spline cassette body.

That said, the cassette fitting is one aspect, and I have no idea if the cage will clear in the low (largest) cog. I suspect it will work fine overall, and may just need you to avoid using low gear.

So the deal is back on, $343 for an H3 with free shipping. I have a diretto (from late 2017, so a first gen).

Seems quiet a few issues threads with H3.

If no more issues, then I get better erg, quieter. And a price that I don’t see repeating on any top trainer. I’d sell my old one, so this H3 must be reliable.

Do it?

Thanks,

2 Likes

I would absolutely grab one quick. I used an original Hammer for about 4 years, used it probably 5-10 hours a week, and changed the belt twice. I replaced it with an H3 only because of the prior deal a few months ago and have been super happy with it, too. I’ve still got the H1 as a backup if necessary.

1 Like

Link or did I miss it? I’m seeing $640 on the Saris website.

Use code YDSR2K

1 Like

Thanks!!

1 Like

I’m on the fence on this one. I have a cheap Sunny bike, with power pedals that also measure cadence.
The one thing I really like about the Sunny is that it is absolutely quiet (it has a belt and magnetic resistance)

I read about the H3 being one of the noisiest high-end trainers in the direct-drive market segment.

Can you watch yotube while riding a H3 without earbuds/headphones or is it too noisy for that?

I use headphones on the trainer, but my experience so far with my H3 is that it is quieter than my Direto X (which I did not think was very noisy).

3 Likes

The original Hammer sounded like a freaking jet taking off in the big ring, but the H3 isn’t really any louder than a regular drivetrain.

It’s much quieter than any fans you’ll be using for any real workouts and won’t distract at all from watching videos in my experience. It’s not silent, but it’s very easily ignorable background noise.

4 Likes

That code did not work for me a minute ago. Are these one-time codes? On saris.com?

I checked and it showed the discount for me, but I did not buy.

If by “one time” you mean one per customer actually purchased, that may be the case, but I don’t know for certain.

1 Like

I think the code might be disabled now. I tried this morning and it worked, but just tried to check out and it’s not valid.

A friend just tried to buy the H3 and it’s not working for him either.

2 Likes

Very possible that it “expired” in the sense that Saris sold enough at that price to hit whatever goal they may have had, and then killed this discount.

4 Likes

Just tried with the code and it is not valid anymore (at least for me.)

I grabbed one this morning, for $320 shipped it was a no brainer.

2 Likes

It is a one time code per e-mail address…I got denied on the MP1 when I used my personal e-mail, but it went through when I used my work e-mail.

1 Like

where do I go to get the code? thanks

This was the code above, but it appears that Saris already killed it after a few people (here at least) snagged them at that discount.

Thanks. I thought we had to apply for a code. bummer.