Saris H3 Discussion/Issues

Good article. It’s valid to point out the lack of innovation with the H2, H3. I’d be curious if Saris looks back and regrets dedicating resources to the MP1 platform.

1 Like

Hard to know what demand they had with the MP1. At their size, I suspect the engineering dept. was more than a handful of people. And considering the vastly different skills and knowledge needed to develop motion devices vs smart trainers, I could see concurrent development with minimal impact between the two sides. No idea if that is really possible with their structure and employees, but it’s could be that they coexisted with no issues.

1 Like

Frequent posts about how to carry guns on the trail.

You would happen to live in the Northern California Bay Area would you? I think we had a half dozen broad-daylight bike thefts in our area and there was talk about carrying a gun if you go out riding by yourself.

Nope. Houston suburbs. It’s just Texas being Texas.

1 Like

Texas gonna Texas.

2 Likes

When updating my H3 trainer firmware it says the latest firmware is 31.064. However I can see online that 31.065 was released this past April. But I’m not given an option of selecting 31.065 in the saris utility app. Tried installing the app on my iPad with same result. Anyone have this issue?

31.065 shows up when I check the “Include Beta Firmware” in the Settings > Diagnostic Help screen. Let me know if it works.

1 Like

Ok I see it now. Best to wait for the final firmware to be published? Anyone have issues with that one? Thanks

Yeah, wouldn’t be in a rush to try Beta anything while the company is in transition,… risk/reward
hope the new owners reallt get/stay behind the H-Series trainers,.they are tanks.

Sadly, the demise corresponds to the founder giving the reins to the daughter. No clue as far as marketing…

I contacted Saris and they got back to me quickly. They said I can go ahead and update because it was an official release in April. There was an issue with the app displaying it as beta but they will fix it…. Either way I’ll check it out and at least I can go back to the old firmware quickly without issues.

2 Likes

Thanks for the followup … installing as we speak.

Got my new H3 setup this afternoon….gotta say, it is pretty damn sweet compared to my Direto X. Only did a 30’ easy ride, but the power was smooth and consistent.

Doing an aneorbic workout tomorrow (Wild Rose :flushed::flushed:) so we’ll see tomorrow how it does with much bigger changes in power.

Overall, $400 well spent so far!

5 Likes

Was the $399 deal directly thru Saris? I just looked at their site, and it’s currently showing $1099.

Yes, it was official Saris site access, but you had to apply the code that was shared above in order to get the large discount. It was not shown until you added it to your cart and applied that code.

I checked out of curiosity and that code is now invalid. So the best deal I know on it at the moment is the one via Amazon.

1 Like

At $400 it would be hard to pass up! I’m on my 5th year with an original Hammer, and I haven’t even had to change the belt yet … it’s been absolutely bulletproof to this point. Bummer to see Saris might go away.

1 Like

This is my 3rd year using the H3 but recently start hearing a click. Top hat spacer is in good shape, replaced belt (from Saris), and still getting the clicking. I have sent a FB message and email to Saris support. With no response yet.
The unit appears to function ok, but the click is pretty annoying. I don’t have high hope Saris will intervene since they are going through this buy our process.

1 Like

Maybe double-check that the belt is seated properly? I replaced two belts on my original Hammer and one of the times it ended up at a slight angle after the install. It took just a minute or two to make sure everything was lined up after I got the case opened up, then everything was nice and quiet.

Also check the drop out spacer, I have had them come loose and get a ticking noise.

2 Likes

I also like to use a bit of grease on those spacers. Saris typically assembled them dry, which is not great.

1 Like