Run Commute Input

Looking for some opinions… Im going to start run-commuting to work. Its about 6-miles, so Im not worried about hydration per se, but I do have several items I need to take with me. Anyone have experience with a running vest? Any recommendations? Largest item I need to fit is a iPad in the back. Other than that, its wallet, phone and keys.

Thanks in advance-

I’m looking to run commute as well. I’ve done it a few times but I want to make it regular and need a good pack. Did you ever get into run commuting? Did you find a pack you like?

I run commute once a week, 4 miles each way. I use a Salomon XA 15 Pack which seems to be discontinued. It fits an iPad or smaller laptop (I tested with a 14"). Their 12 liter ones I would think would work now, https://www.salomon.com/en-us/shop/men/bags-packs/running-packs-and-belts/shopby/11l_20l_22549.html. I used it for longer runs during my half-marathon training (up to 15 miles) with a water reservoir and it worked pretty well. Some chafing around the neck with heavier loads (i.e. 2+ liters, I drink a lot) but I would wear shirts with a bit of collar in cooler weather or put on some anti-chafe wax when it was warmer. My commuting load is a change of clothes (I keep shoes at work) and I hardly notice the pack. I just use one of the included water bottle/bladder things which work well. It has a roll top type closure which seems to keep things dry here in Seattle. I could add a drybag if I wanted, although I see the current “Adv Skin Cross” model is advertising a drybag style compartment. There is a zippered internal pocket for wallet and phone, and a bunch of external pockets for gels and bars.

2 Likes