Ride Photos / Action Shots!

Ha, thanks! But I’m not fit to shine Danny’s shoes. He and so many others are freaking amazing.

But at 48, and just getting back to riding after about a 5 year break, I’m happy with my foundation skills coming back quickly.

3 Likes

Very cool :sunglasses:

1 Like

Good old days. I had a 26" bike. Love this kind of cycling sport. :heart_eyes:
Besides, I have too much scars on my legs, I sold everything a few years ago. :pensive:

1 Like

Some shots of my Wife and I on our tandem at The Filthy 50 on Saturday. Ended up winning the tandem category in a sprint finish!

This was a mile out from the finish as we caught the leaders(and friends of ours). They had no clue we were coming up behind them. :joy:

20 Likes

Right on! Great to run into another rider on the TR forum :smiley:

Yeah, when I was first learning pedal kicks in 1993, I bled and earned a lifetime of scars on my shins before I got smart and bought shin guards. Crazy how fast a controlled situation can go wrong and leave you crying on the ground with a 6" slash up your leg :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This I would love to see. Congratulations on the win :+1:

1 Like

Ditto… I am trying to picture how cool and crazy a 2-up tandem sprint finish would be. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just thinking back to the video TR made with Pete. There are so many things to try and get right when there is only one rider. My mind is unable to fathom this out.

There must be a video…?

I fully expect them to have both sprinted seated, because of the issues with balance and timing while standing. But that said… it would be incredible to see it done well standing.

As they say, poetry in motion :wink:

1 Like

It was totally seated​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2nd to last corner we came around them on the outside with a significant speed differential, and laid down a strong 30 second effort to the final corner, I looked back and noticed they were still on our wheel so we lit it up after the final corner for about 10 seconds. Combined we were at about 1800watts.

If I come across any video I’ll be sure to share it!

4 Likes

are we having fun yet?

13 Likes

And you paid :dollar: for it!!

2 Likes

BWR - Michigan. Hot off the press. Time for the off season :metal:

16 Likes

@batwood14 looking at your fit and gear, I can’t help but thinking you should….

• change your stem to a 120
  • adjust the tilt of your hoods
  • have more or less front/back psi
  • Swap to a 44t chainring from that 42t
  • Adjust the position of the cleat on your left shoe. Your right shoe seems ok
  • Try different sunglass lenses for optimal contrast.
  • swap out your bottle cage
4 Likes

Haha! Well played @MI-XC — I love it :joy:

I want you to know (in my own defense) that despite all my pre-race mania, I actually nailed my setup and kit. The aid stations at the BWR are “pro” - they hand out full bottles. You can choose from electrolyte mix or plain water. Was happy to not have a hydration pack because if you have bottle you don’t mind throwing away, you can swap it for a full one and barely have to come to a full stop.

Psi … 36 rear / 30 front = absolutely perfect. And I needed every single bit of that 42t ring. The only place I had to hike were steep hills with sand sections and I couldn’t hold traction … any climb that had any sort of grip I was able to get over where many others walked. But, mercy, there were several hills where I was asking my AXS for an easier ring but I was out on the final cog … yet I made it. There is something intensely satisfying about making it up a climb on a gravel bike and passing mountain bikes that are are being pushed.

Is there a word, or clever phrase, for when you click your shifter for an easier gear but you’re at the end of the rope and there is nothing left? We need one …

Anyway, I dedicate my entire performance to the slight inward tilt of my hoods🤘

Now … about those course markings :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Mid-gravel Fondo.

Not the finish line photo that I wanted!

(300 metres from the finish line the mech drop and whipped round and jammed between wheel & seat stay)

20 Likes

“Click of Despair”

5 Likes

hope you were screaming CYCLOCROSS!!!

1 Like

“SHIT!”

3 Likes