Ride Photos / Action Shots!

I dunno. I think that finish pic is kind of awesome in its own way. True grit!

5 Likes

Cheers!

I had the guy on the mic talking me in for about 300 metres, he asked if it was a puncture, I shook my head. Then he was saying something to what you’re saying and he got people clapping. I was a bit gutted as the bike is wrecked and I’ve had to replace it on insurance but at least it didn’t happen halfway round.

3 Likes

It happened to a mate half way round a gravel sportive or at least a similar mechanical. His one by through the chain and got wedged hard between the seat tube and crank. We had plenty of Hex keys etc but nothing to unscrew the plastic crank bolt. Then just as they were calling support, someone realised their tyre levers might be perfect for the job which they were :joy:

1 Like

Found another photographer’s site for the BWR - Michigan. Super cool shots, but I finally know what suffering looks like on my face with that last one. :joy:

I was riding up that 23% grass ski hill with a 42t in the front and a 44 in the rear, and I was at about 50 RPM at mile 74. That was my absolute limit. Brutal.

14 Likes

A couple of snaps from the XCE event at the Whaka100. It was a seriously cool event, though I needed a bit more practice at speed as the features were not really set up for the race pace.

15 Likes

We had true CX conditions this past weekend with lots or rain and mud! I raced 3 races back to back and even found myself on the top step of the box for one so that was great!

16 Likes

Pleasantly surprised by the FinisherPix photos from Ironman 70.3 Arizona. I like these two in particular:

14 Likes

10 Likes

Getting cold in the land of the north.

9 Likes

Big fan of those wheels

2 Likes

Gravel rig, still freezing

9 Likes

Did somebody say cross season

15 Likes

Just some leaf peepin in Rock Creek Park in DC last night. Pretty happy that the doc cleared me to road cycle because it would be a long 6 weeks without it.

10 Likes

On the Nürburgring back in July - 24h Race in a relay of 4 riders. Completed 7 Laps of ca. 24km and 500 meters of climbing = 181km and 3800 Meters elevation gain in total. Amazing experience.

19 Likes

@KevinKlaes broken wrist? How is Rock Creek park for cycling? I work in South East and am trying to convince the wife I need a bike to keep at work so I can commute in before traffic gets bad and then get my ride done. Also looking at Haines Point.

Hand. It’s a weird fracture.

Rock creek has the closed road to cars (Beach Drive) but the rest of the roads can be pretty backed up because people use it to pass through that area.

The closed part is super fun because it’s two car widths for everyone wanting to be out and they’re not in big cars!

1 Like

Autumn alpine days :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

Why is the Grafiti in the Nürburgring in English :exploding_head:

Good question! I have two theories, first: English is everywhere in Germany, everyone speaks it, it’s in pop culture - so graffiti is more often english too. Second: Nürburgring attracts lots of international guests.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed Rad am Ring on the 2 occasions I have done it as a mixed 4 and male pair. Must do it again…

1 Like