Ride Photos / Action Shots!

cross is HERE

15 Likes

Cross is indeed here. Sucking wind, but surviving the men’s beginner race!

15 Likes

Got to see the pro races in Rochester, and cheer on @IvyAudrain.

15 Likes

This summer in Mallorca

12 Likes

Very cool!

A few pics from my first Lotoja. Apparently the photographer was changing batteries or something as I crossed the line so no finish pic. :neutral_face: I did finish. :grinning:

16 Likes

A couple pics of my MT State Finals BMX race (I’m on the orange Mongoose).

I snagged the win with Hi-Lo pass in the last turn and ripped the final straight :smiley:

23 Likes

Finals, win?! Does that mean you’re MT State Champ?

2 Likes

Yeah, I won and got the #1 plate to display all next season. Officially, I am the MT State Champ for the 46-50 age group, Intermediate level on Class bike (20" wheeled bikes).

• But there is an * since am the only person in that age group & difficulty level in my state. So I won the title by just racing the qualifiers events and final regardless of my actual finishes against other riders. There are very few older riders in my state and they are spread across 3 difficulty levels (Novice, Intermediate, Expert) in a very sparse state.

• The guys I was racing in all my events were either older or younger and/or in a different level (usually Experts if we were close in age). So it’s a mixed bag of guys that are about 3-5 years older or teens to 20-somethings that are stinkin’ fast and untouchable for me :stuck_out_tongue:

• Despite the disparity in ages & levels, I had some awesome race groups that went down to the line. Super rewarding race experiences even when I lost. I did win 4 races this season (3 in Class, 1 in Cruiser) and got 2nd in 8 races, out of the 16 total races that I did this season. Great times racing, stayed off the dirt all but one time, and I am thrilled with my results and improvement in skills this season. :smiley:

25 Likes

You’ve got to be in it to win it, well done :1st_place_medal::clap:

7 Likes

You could have stated/bragged :smile: in the original post “I’m STATE CHAMP!”

And you can only race who shows up! No, conditionals needed! You’re STATE CHAMP! That’s awesome! :+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

Much appreciated! It’s been beyond fun to get back on the track again after 20 years away. Getting speed and skills back is a fun challenge and a different way to push the “Get comfortable being uncomfortable” motto we’ve heard in this side of cycling. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Hell yea man, way to go!

3 Likes

BWR Cedar City - Wafer (75 miles)

My first gravel race and fourth ever gravel ride - 26/194. The pics show smooth gravel (of which there was a lot), but some of the other sections were interesting. Sand, rocks, ruts. I had 1 small crash and walked 2 sections due to sand. Decided to pace aggressively and paid the price at the end.

19 Likes

Well done! What bike were you riding?

Thanks. It’s an Open Wi.de with SRAM AXS mullet (Force 1x front and 10-50 Eagle rear). The bike has DT Swiss GR 1600 wheels in 700c and I mounted Pirelli Cinturato Gravel M tires in 40mm width (measured 42mm) hoping they would dig into the loose bits while remaining fast on the road (approx. 1/3 the wafer course). If I did this course again, I’d probably go up to a 45mm tire to try to get even more flotation on the loose bits of Belgian Waffle Beach (see pic below) and elsewhere. I did manage to ride a few sections where much of the group got off so I think my set-up was pretty close to dialed.

4 Likes

With my old boy, we did 200 km. This bike is from 2011 and weighs around 7.6 kg including pedals and heavy 32mm tires. This bike was probably my best ever bike relevant purchase.

14 Likes

Me not being very aero for the descents in yesterday’s Leo 30 TT (OT 1:19:52).

Unbeknown to me I had been behind my mate for the first 25 miles (up to 23s) until I decided to forgo the aero position all together and beast it up the hills. As a result lol, I finished 3s ahead of him.

9 Likes

Quick phone vid and edit of my 4th ride back on the trials bike this season.

17 Likes

You are Danny MacAskill and ICMFP :wink: