Ride Photos / Action Shots!

Our official photos aren’t through yet but this should be the weather for all gravel sportives.

14 Likes

A few shots from a short track series. Thanks TrainerRoad for helping me take the W in all 3.

20 Likes

Did you get it right after the race? That happened to me after 24HOP in Mid-Feb… I picked it up at the race from the shared food table with the team and visiting friends who were just there for the party. Our team podiumed. I was wrecked from my four laps and no sleep. Got home exhausted… and then got sick the next day. My body was NOT. HAPPY. Took over two weeks to crawl out of that hole.

1 Like

Thanks for asking, your experience sounds very similar. Although I think I raced with it (unknowingly!) The performance wasn’t what I had expected and power was down across the board. My photos my face looks washed out sorta blank and looking back I was unwell Friday and Saturday before. Thought it was just interrupted sleep.

Got home Monday and was exhausted and tested Tuesday. It’s a hole im still in!! I’m riding again, endurance is fine, did a 5hour XC ride yesterday but any power over threshold my heart rate blows through the roof and I’m gasping for air. It’s not a pretty sight.

Hrv is rubbish and this is 2 weeks ago! Hopefully it’ll sort it’s self out. Crossing fingers.

The official photos from Saturday’s Glorious Gravel - Sherwood:
01 VICAR WATER_0702
02 SHERWOOD FOREST 1_0866

14 Likes

First race of the year, a duathlon (10k-40k-5k).

I’m not the strongest runner so with the 10k being the first run, decided to run that (quasi) all-out to try to keep the gap as small as possible to the stronger runners. Did just that with a 5k PR of 22" (19’47") and 10k PR of 17" (40’20") in comparison to when I improved both during a 10k I ran October last year.

Power on the bike was absolute shit, wanted to push at least 270W but only managed 240-245W. Quads weren’t cooperating, massive left calf cramp at the turn around on lap 1. Still averaged 40km/h on the dot.

Survived the 5k run in 20’47" to get 2nd in the Open class and 10th male overall (elites not included). First guy in the open class beat me by 7’, got all of his time on the run (34’ 10K, 18’ 5k).

14 Likes

Last weekend at a NE Off road series race. Took the win in Cat 2. This was my first UCI sanctioned MTB race; I’ll probably bump to Cat 1 for the next race. Thanks to TR of course.

21 Likes

Forgot to mention, my wife also took the win in Cat3. :+1: She’s definitely going to Cat 2.

19 Likes

92131828-_WNS1293
EARLY SEASON GRAVEL grinder

17 Likes

Couple of shots from this weekend’s Tour of Hermann.

15 Likes

I think I was in that race with you! Stokesville Strade? The number plates look familiar, as does the kit of the guy in P2. I did the 50k version of the race.

1 Like

I Love CX!!!

17 Likes

Here’s my “ride” photos from my latest race…

31 Likes

WHOA hope you’re ok!!

2 Likes

Still doing 233 watts with your face in the dirt, I respect your commitment

18 Likes

Ouch. Hope you (and the bike) were ok? :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Not me, but a fortuitous cellphone shot of my son (on the far left) in the Saturday UCI 17/18 race at US Cup in Arkansas a few weeks ago.

15 Likes

hi @SeanInDC yep it was the strade! i did the 50k as well (guy in p3 in shot)

Lol, it’s on 3 sec power so takes a few for the average to zero out.

1 Like

Garmin VIRB Edit

1 Like