Resting HR and Blood Pressure

Since I am old and have high blood pressure, I take my Blood Pressure daily. I was wondering if I should use it to monitor my training. For example if my blood pressure and hr are increasing to use it to adapt my training?

1 Like

You can certainly tell if you are getting sick or not recovering if your heart rate is noticeably higher.

1 Like

If your blood pressure is rising, you need to speak with your physician before worrying about your training plan.

2 Likes

Old is a state of mind. Get it out of your head you are old and your FTP will increase automatically.

Track resting hear rate and you can see HR will increase when you are doing too much or just not as well rested.

I’m 61. I needed this Track resting hear rate and you can see HR will increase when you are doing too much or just not as well rested.

I’m under doctor care for high blood pressure. Thanks

Hmmm…I think that’s a good question! I don’t know the answer. There are many, many, MANY research papers confirming that light to moderate exercise lowers blood pressure. I think you question is how does BP respond as an athlete goes into over reach or even over training. No idea! And I’ve never read anything that would give me a clue although there probably is something out there somewhere…