Ramp test again or not

I just started with trainerroad ,when i took my 1st ramp test i had a technical issue so i did it again straight away.It gave me a score of 1 on all my progression levels i think because it was a big jump in ftp.
I am now 3 weeks into my program and i just chose 4 or 5 difficulty to start with for sweetspot and threshold.i have done the a.i detection which worked well but the level 1 stayed the same.i am not sure if i am at the right difficulty.
Should i resit the ramp or carry on.thanks in advance

No, never again. Not with AI FTP.

3 Likes

You have not done any vo2, anaerobic, or sprint workouts. That is why they are still 1.0 at this time. The levels only go up when you do a workout in the specific zone at this time.

1 Like

PL’s relative to FTP’s will only ever decrease given a rise in FTP and 1.0 is as low as they go, so doing a new Ramp/FTP test won’t do a thing to a PL that’s already 1.0 Edit: as @Buckethead says the only way you’ll raise them is doing a workout in that zone.

1 Like

So does everyone new start at 1 after there 1st ftp test?the workouts felt to easy until i did strech or breakthrough and my ramp test was within 5 watts according to ai ftp

I honestly don’t remember. But probably and then AT serves up workouts in the 1-3 range to start I’d guess. Here are mine midway through SSB1 - same 1 PL levels. Looking back at last year SSB2 started me with a PL 2.3 vo2 and ramped up pretty quick based on survey responses.

1 Like