RaceDay.icu - find races, plan your season, analyse competitors [UK]

Hey man,

I started working on something just like this over the weekend :laughing:

I’d be happy to come on and help out with the backend work?

hey Jesse, could you give me an example of an event or result that isn’t showing up and I’ll dig in further? Cheers, Oli

hey! Ah that’s awesome, wanna drop me an email olibates@live.com & we can chat futher?

1 Like

This is fantastic - well done!

Yep. One was the Miltonduff RR from last year.

Eastern Promise RR is another.

This is sweet. I imagine that all of the race information has to be searched and hand-entered by someone, or is there some central website you can scrape the details from? Any plans to open-source so that other devs can make one for their region and help you improve upon it? :grinning: We suffer from the same problem in California.

Done yet? :slight_smile: Intervals.icu supports OAuth and has an open API so its easy enough.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that, it looks great and a million times better than BC’s website.

yep, it was super easy to hook up, thanks for the hard work in setting it all up!

1 Like

Currently pulling the events automatically from the various websites, so it shouldn’t be too hard to extend it out to other regions/countries. I haven’t considered open sourcing but the adapters to fetch events could definitely be in the future. Once the rest of the features have been built out I’ll have a little think about how it could work for international events, thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like

Ace thanks, i’ll dig in

Sent you an email dude! Hope we can work together

The Bashall Baller is not showing for some reason. Event is here: TACTIC Sport's Bashall Baller Events - British Cycling

Fan-bloody-tastic! Can you do one for Ireland! :open_mouth:

Fixed! Could you pull in TTs from CTT?

This is brilliant btw!

@obates - Is the link to TLI races still working? Events say “last updated 4 months ago” and don’t list any entrants.

Hey @obates - thought I would just flag that David over at intervals is starting to look at integrating some events/ race type stuff into the platform and I highlighted your platform and your notes ref integration. David asked I drop a note over here to link up some dots - relevant thread here:

Hope this helps!

Sorry for the thread resurrection, just wanted to say I am using raceday.icu often and it has been super helpful.
Thanks @obates :heart:

Also if there is more info on it (github/socials) that I can follow please post them.

thank you, that’s great to hear! There’s a couple of new features that have been requested coming soon so will post an update when they’re ready.

Events & results did stop syncing for a couple of months (grr BC), but this should be fixed now and just going through the process of refreshing the data/making it more resilient.

If there’s any features you would like, please post them here and I’ll look into.

2 Likes