Pro's and con's syncing trainerroad with garmin connect and / or training peaks

Hey team,
I am starting to get my head around Trainerroad and have got some really good workouts in and am really enjoying being part of the community. I was wondering if I could get peoples thoughts on the pro’s and con’s of syncing trainerroad, garmin connect and training peaks (i have an annual training peaks account so trying to get some value out of it until it expires). Does everyone bother syncing, is there any benefit to syncing or are there any drawbacks??

1 Like

Mine syncs to a free account with TP. There’s no drawback I can see and TBH I hardly look at TP, its just more data to look at when I am bored. I’ll also sometimes recreate a workout in TP so that a more varied and fixed period outdoor wo syncs to my garmin (I can only do this a day or two before in the free version).

1 Like

I’ve been using TrainingPeaks free and paid for a long long time. The free version of TP will archive activities in original format. You can easily download those archives. I have swims, runs, walks, hikes, and spin classes (HR and cadence) going back to 2014.

My bike computer records more data than TrainerRoad. Sometimes I want to know the temperature in my garage during an indoor workout from several years ago, and the only foolproof way is to record on my bike computer. Same with a few other things like HRV and left/right power data.

1 Like