Progression Levels now in Strava Images

Hey team, I came here to find info about this new feature as I was surprised to see this in my Stava workout. Could we please have a solution to turn these bells and whistles off? I already think it’s annoying enough for people to have virtual rides in the feed (including my own but I find to too cumbersome to hide them manually in my Strava feed everytime). Also, I’d like to keep the info I share to a minimum.

On a separate note - if this is considered a growth hack to motivate other people in my feed to use TrainerRoad I’d rather not be part of this as a paid subscriber.

EDIT: I think TR is great and I’m totally happy to share workout-specific stuff… (eg if it was vo2max/endurance/etc… just not the overall progression overview/snapshot.

:smile::smile::smile::smile: you’ve a long wait, I don’t race

However, I do appreciate the humour, I think you get where I’m coming from

Just dual record with your headset like I do and you can post any picture you want!

Apparently you aren’t aware that people have been doing stuff like this for years….researching who will be in an upcoming race and looking up their race results, researching what that indicates their strengths may be, etc.

Yeah, uh, not a fan, TR. partner integrations are now off.

I don’t want to do those things. I want it like it was. And yes, they can figure it out but it’s more work to do that. I can look at your progression levels now and see exactly what you’re working on and develop better strategies to race against you. For example, if I see you’re working on sprints I can assume you’re going to sit in and sprint for the finish.

I like how this might help with tracking dynamics of PL through time, but sharing that info seems too much. Losing tracking with turning off that info on picture might get it even deeper in to the mud for me…
Reminds me of half product of an idea I’ve posted somewhere else on this forum; to enable tracking dynamics of PL through time somewhere on TR page (small green calendar if you hover the mouse on it-), so one could see how different trainning weeks/workouts have afected PL in the past…
But most of all, I solute you for development in the right direction, for nonstop searching the ways to make this platform atleast a bit better every time, although it can (and has) backfire to you. Simple ON/OFF button will not do the justice to the general idea of tracking PL dynamics through time imho…

Let’s be honest… you are upset because your levels suck

(Mine aren’t any better)

TBH its the same as zwift uploading an image of you on a $10000 imaginary bike or you posting a dopey picture on your ride. Nobody else really cares.

Guess we can have both shortly; I like the change. As for competitors more easily determining my strengths and tailoring their race strategy based on them 1) I’m flattered 2) It’s on me for having my rides public.

Excessive excess is excess…

INXS?

I don’t want all my cycling friends to see I’m a 1.0 across the board.

Better do a workout.

Why are you sharing your activities in Strava to begin with? Why are you making your activities public? You don’t want your personal data shared…

I don’t understand

I find myself agreeing with @enki42 . I don’t mean to be combative and probably need someone to help me understand but the only new information that is being exposed are the progression levels which outside the context of TR is very abstract.

I can see how people don’t like it for aesthetics (I personally like how it looks) but you are already posting more “sensitive” data when you sync a ride to Strava (power, hr, cadence, etc.) so I am not sure why PLs is the straw that broke the camel’s back.

fantastic work

@Nate_Pearson Was thinking about this and if part of the reason is about marketing, why not add TrainerRoad to the name of every workout? For example, my last workout was Wheel -2 & it could show in Strava with name as “TrainerRoad Wheel -2” or “Wheel -2 by TrainerRoad”

Maybe not as engaging branding as the high gloss PLs but effective nonetheless.

Why should paid subscribers be treated as a billboard for TR (or anyone else)?

I don’t like this change. I’d much rather not have TR rides sync to Strava at all. I have them linked to keep my TR calendar up to date but have to go onto Strava after each workout to delete the TR auto upload

Whilst I don’t like this change - I do think that people are taking it far too seriously.

Strava is social media now, companies have used social media to market themselves for a long time by generating content people want to share.

Strava enable this with their “partner integrations” feature (that can be turned off individually for each 3rd party service that uses it).

So it boils down to trainerroad having to ensure that people like and want to share the content they generate.

I personally don’t want to share this content so I won’t, if they generate content I like then I will.

No anger, no worries about “spying” and certainly no lawyers.

The gift of doing Friday releases… been there, done that.:joy:

While I understand the marketing logic behind this move, I still cannot get around to liking the execution and the result aesthetically :slight_smile:

Like others already mentioned it is surprising that an off-switch was not in the initial release (being addressed) but I generally like having a TR image there and would not like to disable it. Maybe it needs a bit more UX attention though to balance the workout “shape” and the progression “trivia” (I am thinking “shape” on top and a minimized progression chart below (just to mark the updated levels?), lose the big, distracting “Progression Levels” title or make it much less prominent, maybe add workout difficulty instead (achievable, productive, etc.).

Keep up the good work!