Progression Levels now in Strava Images

We released an update today to show Progression Levels in Strava images! :tada: This gives your followers a better idea of the work you put in.

68 Likes

Someone asks how to make it not show it in 3…2…1…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

45 Likes

I’ll ask

7 Likes

Indeed. They stripped FTP from those graphics because it was too much data/info for some to share. This seems destined for the same request.

I am fine with it, but like just about every new feature, having an “off” switch seems a prerequisite. To be fair, that function may already exist and Nate just didn’t mention it. But if it’s not there… :wink:

11 Likes

i like it

Where’s the off switch?

Not a fan…

17 Likes

Could you have not done this on Tuesday when I did a breakthrough workout?! Not going to do that again for a while. I like it but understand that an on/off would be good for others.

3 Likes

I thought it was going to show the workout’s progression level. oh well. may be a good way to historically track those PLs.

3 Likes

Yeah, this is a cool idea but i think it will look silly for people not familiar with TR. I would prefer to stick to old images. Please add that option if it’s not there :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Would also like the option of turning off progression levels. It just confuses a lot of folks on Strava. I’d like to see it internally as a frame of reference or historicals though.

I get why they want to push this - promote AT

But we should have the option to hide it if it doesn’t exist already. Didn’t see this in the app.

Also - would be nice to change up the colors a bit.

4 Likes
  • The Workout Level is fixed and always the same.

• Your individual PL bump up (if you have one) is already tracked within each workout once completed:

On the Calendar:

In the workout:

So it is already visible in at least 2 locations. I guess you could add it on the Strava side, but I see it as out of place.

1 Like

105 Likes

I wish it showed. I have nothing to be ashamed of. I’m an open book baby.

10 Likes

I want it to show my actual FTP, not the estimate from a test. :grin:

4 Likes

I like it. My only feedback is that I wish it only showed the levels that got a bump, but otherwise I dig it.

5 Likes

Not a fan. New strava images are very needed indeed but this is not the way… in my humble opinion:)

7 Likes

Already not a fan and I haven’t even seen it yet. It’s going to look pretty daft for my rides as I’m not following a plan and do the occasional workout mixed in with outdoor or Zwift rides - and since those don’t figure into progression levels seeing all 1.0’s isn’t going to be real meaningful.

4 Likes

Should we merge this thread with the “Addicted to the Numbers” thread? :grin:

8 Likes

Melting pot… Seems we need to just smash it all together into a blender today :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Can you please not? I’m an over sharer but I definitely don’t want this. Nope nope nope.

4 Likes