Pro Mountain Bike Racing Discussion (Spoilers)

Agree! Just looked at course pov from Puck Pieterse and it looks really tough going uphill and very technical going downhill. Sunday is going to be a fun day.

Funny comment from Puck during preride: “I hope that we ride slow first lap and do one lap less in total” :grin: (lap count in xco is set based on first lap time)

5 Likes

https://app.globalcyclingnetwork.com/hFHtDdh7egYVjGFbA

2 Likes

Watched the Cameron Mason lap on YT. What a pathetic course. It’s what you get when you think flow trail equals mountain biking.

4 Likes

It’s definitely very, very “man made”. No natural tech.

Honestly, I think it looks like a bunch of things that would be fun to ride, I agree that it may not make for good racing.

Thta steep rooty pinch looks pretty natural tech. It doesn’t look too bad to me.

1 Like

The man made stuff is horrendous. There is a literal forest next to them, but they are hardly in it. And the bit they do use has some technicality to it, so imagine if they used even more. These are not BMX’s for riding on BMX tracks, which is the first 2km of the course almost.

What a breath of fresh air the commentary was for the Crankworx Innsbruck downhill race. Finn Illes was even commentating for a while and was night and day better than Cedric and Ric. Rob, Finn, and Eliot made a great team, I thought. Nice to see a longer course too.

And over in Enduro-land…yes!! Wax! Legend! Keeping it steady through all the stages and Walker-ing away with the win. And another good round for Charlie Murray too, and a good result for young Brady Stone. Kiwi’s SMASH!

3 Likes

I’ve watched a couple of the Crankworx productions this year and they’ve been great. Honestly, I think RB losing the World Cup stuff has prompted them to up their game.

Great for us having awesome racing to watch!

I get what you’re saying. I think (to me at least) it looks like they’ve built a park with a range of different features. That’s pretty awesome for that community. I figure they’re just trying to use the different features they built (including the new walking tracks passed the park benches).

I’m looking forward to watching the coverage of the racing shortly once I drop the kids at school.

1 Like

Pretty rowdy!

4 Likes

Way to go Jack, son of Golden Stones. Thibaut so close, but again taking it 1% too far.

Twas a fairly good race once the top ten descended.

Watched the men’s final on ambient sound. OMG, what bliss. After the women’s final I just had had enough of Cedric. Best choice I have made all year. I think I would be perfectly fine with just Ric commentating and on his own I doubt he would parrot Cedrics idiocies.

And also, well done to Jess. Her best finish to date. Kiwi men? What’s up fellas?

What’s up with Minaar? Last year, maybe?

2 Likes

I’ve been tuning in the for the XC but end up the riveted to the screen watching the DH highlights! So fun and entertaining

1 Like

This track looks sensational!

Super impressed with what Rob is able to just roll down. Single crown Reign while Finn is on the prototype Demo.

Have to agree with the comments, I hope 1199 is in the World Cup soon. I’m pretty sure Whistler is going to be hosting XCO and DHI World Cup in 2024 or 2025.

1 Like

Looks absolutely amazing! The old race trail they had was actually pretty manageable by us mortals without walking anything, just at a much slower speed. This looks so hard, and those jumps and drops are big!

2 Likes
1 Like

Dang, that was an epic DH race!

Gutted for the young Kiwi but a fitting winner.

I won’t spoil it but heck that was a hell of a run to win!!

4 Likes

Featuring the one and only Sammie Maxwell in her new team kit.

Chatting away like it’s nothing.

3 Likes

Another course preview. Such a cool track.

4 Likes

Absolutely phenomenal racing from MSA in greasy conditions.

Highly recommend watching.

4 Likes