Podcast to accept the pain?

Hi all,

I normally listen to dance music which distracts me from the pain and puts me into a rythem, and get me hyped for the hard sessions.

I also do a lot of self talk… encouraging myself to dig deeper, never give up, just one more interval.

I was wondering if there was a podcast which some just tells u to push harder and go deeper. Provides encouragement to accept the pain and release it. A cheerleader per se…

I’ve been searching, but can’t find anything.

Thanks
Tman

Sounds like a niche you should explore doing yourself!

I think @chad should do one… The next update of TrainerRoad software should also have him reading the on-screen text aloud. How motivating would that be?

3 Likes

I appreciate this does sound a little strange, and would be a lot of work!.. Hell, i dont even know if it would help or not.

I’d train your inner voice to do just that.

Or just employ a dominatrix to ensure you are giving your best.

6 Likes

It’s not that kind of pain cave. :drum:

2 Likes

I often imagine the Drill Sergeant from Full Metal Jacket

2 Likes

DAVID GOGGINS doesn’t have a podcast, but there are a dozen or so interviews with him that will make you push harder than any music on the planet.

1 Like

David Goggins is an absolute freak of nature.

If you want it bad enough, you will cheer yourself on to finish.

1 Like

Jocko Willink’s pod is the only one that comes to mind for me, though it may be too calm/slow for workouts.

Very inspirational, though.

1 Like

does watching others suffer (on screen) help or hinder your own ride?

Try searching for some of CT Fletcher’s videos. He might have something similar, and if THAT GUY doesn’t get you motivated… Nothing will.

I do channel the Goggins, especially when running, just think that even if you have two broken feet and shit up your back you can still finish an ultramarathon if you put your mind to it.

Love CT Fletcher!! “I command you to grow!!”

I haven’t tried this, but i think it would help me. Do you have anything particular that you watch?

I recommend going to the next level of mental training, which would be mindfulness through meditation. This was a big step for me in my training and racing. Read “The Brave Athlete” and start using the Headspace app. All my mental toughness, motivation and ability to accept the pain comes from within now.

3 Likes

interesting concept. I think your self talk will be the best. Hmm, maybe you record yourself!

Brendan