Podcast guests - who would you like?

Another vote for Kelly Starrett. I’d like to hear his thoughts on how to approach mobility and strength training specific to the demands of cycling, particularly as they relate to CX, MTB and road.

5 Likes

Lance Armstrong

George Hincappie

Peter Sagan

11 Likes

Alison Tetrick. She was an awesome guest the 1st time she was interviewed on Trainerroad

6 Likes

I would love to see Peter Attia on the podcast. I would love to hear his take on nutrition and fasting for cyclists.

9 Likes

I’m certain he’s the “mystery guest” they hinted at in the last podcast (not today, but the one before). Hes based in SF and is a famous movement coach

It would be great to hear from some more triathletes (and/or triathlon coaches)!

2 Likes

Matthew Hayman - talk about how indoor training helped him win Roubaix (even if it was on Zwift)

6 Likes

Cody Beals
Lionel Sanders
Rinny
LCB

3 Likes

Mathieu van der Poel.

He trains different then teams like Ineos, Sunweb, Jumbo-Visma and still wins a lot.

He is world-class in CX, XC and road. How does he combine them. How does he stay on top of his fitness.

12 Likes

Lionel Sanders

5 Likes

I really enjoyed the ones from kona when they had “regular” non-pro athletes on. It was inspiring to hear their journeys

3 Likes

Amber Pierce.

4 Likes

Thomas DeGendt

1 Like

It would be great to get some of the more tech-savvy pro triathletes on there. Sebastian Kienle, for example.

1 Like

Ray Maker and Shane Miller

18 Likes

His stuff is amazing to listen to. I first heard him on the Joe Rogan podcast. Then listen to his podcasts often!

1 Like

In all seriousness, some non-cycling related guests may be a great idea. I think there is so much we can learn from outside of our own little bubble.

Buzz Aldrin could teach us all a thing or too about performing under pressure and would have a cool story to tell.

Mike

1 Like

I’d like some of the active and knowledgeable forum members. Guys like @stevemz, @bbarrera, @MI-XC, @julianoliver, @trpnhntr and so many others (sorry I can’t name you all right now from memory) have great insights and info that makes my head spin sometimes.

Nate and crew joked about it once… that they could drop some of the forum members right into the cast, and I think that could be interesting to see and hear.

I get the idea of grabbing some higher level people as they have super interesting and useful info. But I think there is a wealth of info that comes from a more “common” level that we experience in our training journeys.

15 Likes

In no particular order

Ted King

George Hincapie, think he did cape epic with Cadel.

Cam Wurf, Olympic rower to pro cyclist to pro triathlete

Lachlan Morton

Alex Howes

Greg Henderson

5 Likes

My teammate and newly crowned Elite National RR champion Ben Schmutte would be a great one.

He started using TR this year - and it seems it’s worked out well for him :smiley:

3 Likes