Outdoor Workouts, Would a Feature Like This Help You Too? (Strava Feature Request)

If you use TR’s Outdoor Workouts, would you find a feature like this helpful?

For the past few months I’ve been using TR’s new feature that gives us the option to perform our indoor workout outside.

As a consequence, I’m now often looking for a road segment that is say 0.5 miles in length with an average gradient of 2% with a standard deviation of no greater than X. Or, a segment of 1.2 miles with an average gradient of 1% with a standard deviation of no greater than Y. When I get to that segment of road, I start my intervals, going up for the effort then soft pedaling back down during the rest period then back up. Rinse and repeat per the TR instructions shown on my Garmin Edge head unit. I currently use Google Maps to find “suitable” sections of roads but of course there is no indication there of the section’s gradient variance.

The feature I want is for Strava or RWGPS to search my local area for sectoins of roads (segments?) that meet specifications related to length, average gradient and consistency. (I don’t think TR would do this.)

What do you think? If you’d like to see Strava add this feature, pls pile on and upvote my request here (I think you can do this)… https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360065791971-Outdoor-Intervals

1 Like

This is kind of like Strava’s route maker. You can choose ride distance, flatness and road type. I don’t know if it does real short routes, but you could just route something longer and not ride all of it. They just moved that feature to be accessible by subscribers only though.