Hi Trainereroad staff,
I had this idea while doing a TR workout outside the other day, but I think it would be really helpful to have a workout compliance score for outdoor workouts.
Without ERG it can be tough to stay within your target zones, and a compliance score help as you try to figure out the best routes and strategies for staying within the target zone.
The idea I came up with for this is sorta like grading in a class.
- Each data point in a step gets a 0-100 score
- A datapoint inside the target zone is worth a score of 100
- Each watt outside the target zone drops your score by one point
- Your score for a workout step is the total number of points / the maximum possible points
- Your score for the entire workout is based on each workout step as to not allow longer steps to not be weighted higher than shorter steps
Step 1 - 10 sec @ 200 watts
Points 1-5 - 400 watts - Score 0
Points 6-10 - 0 watts - Score 0
Avg Power - 200 watts
Score - 0/1000 = 0
Step 2 - 5 sec @ 250 watts
Point 1 - 230 - Score 80
Point 2 - 240 - Score 90
Point 3 - 255 - Score 95
Point 4 - 250 - Score 100
Point 5 - 245 - Score 95
Avg Power - 244 watts
Score - 460/500 = 92
Total Score = 92/200 = 46
If you go on just average power Step 1 is closer to the workout, but the based on the compliance score (and common sense) step 2 was much better.
Thanks for the great product!