Oura ring- Any users?

So glad to read this. I hold out hope that mine lasts a long time.

I am not wearing mine around the house. I have noticed, not wearing it virtually stops the battery depleting, so maybe this will help its longevity.

I have been pleased with its durability. I have dropped it on tile floors several times, and smacked my hand against hard surfaces while wearing it at least 10 times. I cringe when this happens, but is has kept working for me. I know my luck will run out at some point, but mine has not been fragile.
I’ve also been participating in a covid study using the ring, so there is some ‘real science’ being tried with this device. it will be interesting to see the results.

I’m really liking my Oura ring. If anything, it has made me more aware of my sleep habits and it holds me accountable for maximizing my sleep. When I turn on Netflix at night, it makes me think “Crap, Oura will tell me I only slept 5 hours if I watch this movie”. As a result, I often turn off the TV and go to bed.

1 Like

In the off chance anyone is considering buying one, I (and any other oura user, I assume) have 3 $50 off coupon/referrals for black, silver, or stealth rings

3 Likes

Yes please!!

1 Like

I have had mine since October, overall I am pretty pleased with it. I wanted to get data about recovery, TrainerRoad was telling all about my training but listening to the Podcast I knew little about my recovery. The sleep data is sometimes a bit wonky, a few times I have been awake and the data showed I was asleep. I have fallen foul of forgettIng to add a workout and would love more syncing options. However, I have found that the readiness score and trends to be really useful.

1 Like

I did the same thing and ran both in parallel. Think Oura is superior in everything bar the app/UI, plus the subscription model makes the Whoop cost another level again.

For me, if Oura replicate the Whoop survey each morning and then create the weekly/monthly insights report they’ve covered the missing gap.

3 Likes