Oura ring- Any users?

Forget if I have posted this year, but as someone using both a Whoop (3) and Oura (2) I find they have different strengths and weaknesses.

For me, the Oura doesn’t do enough to take my activity level into account, and is constantly telling me to rest. Their general readiness algorithm does not account for athletes in a satisfactory way (for me anyway). It hasn’t adapted to my level of exercise to base my readiness level on my history, and pretty much always thinks I’m overdoing it.

Whoop is more athlete focused, and thus its readiness equivalent works better for me. However, the lack of integration and pure reliance on the Whoop HR data is problematic for me. I haven’t had the severe accuracy problems others have had, but I do see intermittent small problems.

For me, the best of both worlds would be Whoop’s algorithm with Oura’s integration with outside services. If I could get the HR data for workouts from Strava into Whoop that’d be my ideal solution.

Hoping to hear that Oura updates their algorithm to more accurately account for personal workout volume and history, in which case I’d gladly upgrade there and let the Whoop drop

3 Likes