Olympic MTB LIve Discussion (Spoilers)

It was known the plank wouldn’t be there . It was in the notes provided to teams. They just overlooked it.

Unless you’re Dutch you’ll need to rely on Google to translate MvdP’s actual words: https://twitter.com/mathieuvdpoel/status/1419573776082030595?s=21

Pinkbike shared a post on Instagram: "We didn’t get the @mathieuvanderpoel vs @tompidcock battle we were hoping for from the Tokyo 2020 games after VDP crashed out early in the race.

VDP confirmed on Twitter that he crashed in the final because he...

Do we think NBC can handle basic audio mixing later today, or are we listening to helicopters for the hour and a half women’s race too?

1 Like

Check there isn’t a commentary on/off option. The Olympic player (presumably providing all feeds) has the option for me to toggle it on or off.

They just had the commentary and ambient noise of the course at the same level. When the cameras were live from the start/finish you could hear the PA announcer make introductions and calling splits at the same level of the studio commentary. In quiet parts of the forrest it sounded normal, but most of the time there was a helicopter in the vicinity just drowning out everything else.

1 Like

Bugger. Might be something as dumb as not closing the door to their commentary booth.

Hopefully you have a better experience this evening.

Yeah…sound mix sucked…you think NBC doing sports for how many years would figure out the basics by now.

1 Like

I’m always impressed by riders that can drive with their lower body, and isolate from wasting energy in the head, shoulders and back. There’s a certain red bull female athlete who visibly grinds out waves in their body when pedalling hard. It’s been mentioned on the podcast, and Rob Warner loves to point it out as a simple expression of ‘how much effort is being put in’. It’s a trained behaviour that can surely be untrained, to make them even better, surely. Coach, please!

It’s about as frustrating as watching the worlds best road cyclists be unable to corner or ride downhill fast.

Women’s triathlon was the same bad audio this morning.

Also it’s raining so it will be a sloppy course!

All the rocks are going to get sooooooooo slippery

A lines are taped closed and it will be one lap shorter.

Evie Richards goes well in the wet. So she’ll be in with a shot.

Rissveds has incredible form, but the rain won’t help her.

In these conditions I suspect we’re in for a battle between Evie, Lecomte, PFP, Jolanda and Rissveds.

Interestingly, depending on how wet it is, the gold could be decided by tire choice…

2 Likes

Let’s hope Rissveds actually puts on some proper tyre this time around. The last world cup she spent more time drifting than riding straight!

1 Like

Agreed. I haven’t seen the course yet.

Forecast has showers throughout the day, still warm and proper muggy.

So often MTB riders are so worried about rolling resistance that they don’t select mud tires. Nearly always ends in a crash. Lecomte demonstrated what proper tire selection does in that very race.

Ramp in place. I do wonder if they’d have still put the ramp back even in the dry

1 Like

Also, go Sofia!

This race could suit Evie Richards very well. Super punchy.

Courtney must have gone down. Stupid camera cutaway!!

No way Courtney catches back up, her race is over

1 Like

PFP with a big mistake, wow

Jolanda with such a great line! We haven’t seen that all week. Looked so good. Now Sina Frei needs to block some lol. (I don’t think she will)

Go Jolanda!

2 Likes